dboyle

Recording of TMI Siren Test

Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:48 pm

here's a recording of last year's annual TMI siren test.

http://media.putfile.com/Three-Mile-Isl ... -June-2006

these are the sirens you hear...

at 00:09 it starts off with an ASC Cyclone. I think this is the one in my town about a mile or so away, since that's the only Cyclone within a few miles.

at 00:35, you can hear a distant Penetrator come in.
at 00:45, another Penetrator fades in (or it may be the last one that just spun a complete revolution). I think this is the Penetrator up the street a way.

at 02:05 the main feature (a dual-toned Penetrator 10) fires up. I was standing right underneath it and it about blew my eardrums in, hence the reason you hear my expletive after it fires off. if you listen close, you can clearly hear the motor starter solenoid kick in just as it winds up. this siren sounds for exactly three minutes.

I drove down the street about 1/4 mile or so, notice how it sounds slightly different from a distance. the dual-toned sound becomes more apparent, and it sounds like there may be multiple sirens. I can almost hear a little 2001 in there, but there aren't any 2001s within a few miles.

Hope Creek ACA System

Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:53 pm

Great siren recording! The dual P-10 sounds like a dual-toned Allertor. :D :D :D
ACA/ASC Still Moves On!

Thunderbolt 612

Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:52 pm

Yes, that's correct, because the P-10 basically uses the same guts as the Allertor.

Return to “Videos and Media”