carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

HOR Siro-Drone Curfew Siren Elmwood Place, Ohio

Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:42 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l54A9HwYeMU

Located on top of the municipal building/public library.

Two mysteries have been solved!

Since around this time last year, I was hearing a siren to the southeast of my neighborhood going off at 9:00pm many nights. I suspected it could have been coming from one of two locations, including this one. This past week, someone from my neighborhood posted on Nextdoor that they hear a “horn” go off at 9:00pm every night. I replied with my theory that I think it’s coming from Elmwood Place, and it might be a curfew siren. After that, people from Elmwood as well as nearby Cincinnati neighborhood Carthage stated that this was indeed the case! Apparently, they used to this for curfews a long time ago, and started it back up last year.

Also, us local siren enthusiasts have been debating for years whether this was an HOR Siro-Drone or a vent. A Thunderbolt 1000T in Hamilton County’s system used to stand right next to it until April 2016. It does not have its own T-128 replacement. This solves the entire mystery!

I tried to get a closeup at the end of the video, but it was too dark.

Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/x5t3JfqfTPH2
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Hannah
Supporter
Supporter

Re: HOR Siro-Drone Curfew Siren Elmwood Place, Ohio

Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:28 am

i own majority of the elmwood place 1000t just for a heads up. here is a picture of it before it was removed by werden and bought by me..Image
here is the siren head in my garage. i have a blower for the siren but i did not take the original one in the picture above.. i took an A series blower in its place.
heres the same siren head with the other ex hamilton county sirens i have.
Last edited by Hannah on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Female enthusiast who is the owner of many large and small sirens, misc controls, timers etc. (too many to list in this small space) all big sirens came from cincinnatis old system.

carexpertandy

Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:31 am

Here are the two videos of that Thunderbolt taken by Elliott Maines (sirenzrok) in August 2008. Of course, you can see the Siro-Drone next to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzbUh5NYRdY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XbXbJ8EUh0
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

coastalsyrolover

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:04 pm

Eeyoreluvsme wrote:
i own majority of the elmwood place 1000t just for a heads up. here is a picture of it before it was removed by werden and bought by me..Image
here is the siren head in my garage. i have a blower for the siren but i did not take the original one in the picture above.. i took an A series blower in its place.
You have a lot of thunderbolts there... and an A series... is that a c series thunderbolt? Or did you mean you took the 5 or 6M blower as opposed to the 4M?
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

Hannah
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:35 pm

coastalsyrolover wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:04 pm
Eeyoreluvsme wrote:
You have a lot of thunderbolts there... and an A series... is that a c series thunderbolt? Or did you mean you took the 5 or 6M blower as opposed to the 4M?
i took an A series blower instead of the other unit that came with it, werden wanted to keep the smaller blowers instead of the huge 6ms because he does refurbishment of older sirens and there easy to install. at current i have 5 thunderbolts complete with blowers. 2 single tone, 2 5/6, and 1 4/5 as well as the standpipes that go to them and the rcm panels etc. i have currently 3 6ms and 2 5m blowers. all of them came from somewhere in the cincinnati metro area. this particular thunderbolt is a 5/6 1978 unit.
Female enthusiast who is the owner of many large and small sirens, misc controls, timers etc. (too many to list in this small space) all big sirens came from cincinnatis old system.

coastalsyrolover

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:24 pm

Okay that makes sense. Without knocking this too off topic do I spy an STL-10 there? Also with the HOR, that's the what, second HOR in Ohio now? Or in the area at least? (Single headed super sirex in Hamilton?)
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

carexpertandy

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:32 pm

Second confirmed HOR in the area. There are several around Toledo as well.

sirensandfirealarms
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SuperSirex127
Discord: SuperSirex127#3917

Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:33 pm

carexpertandy wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:32 pm
Second confirmed HOR in the area. There are several around Toledo as well.
dont forget the north canton sirex, if its still there
Proud owner of 4 Model As(all in a state of disrepair), a USI siren, and a 16-port rotor from a Sterling M-10.

carexpertandy

Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:47 am

I discovered tonight that four more videos of this siren were uploaded over the summer. Three of which were taken on the same night by a group who had quite an adventure traveling to it! Y'all need to give me credit for discovering this in the first place, just saying... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3FB9O1LR98
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwpHK-PJFZA&t=2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KuKYjxKOz4&t=1s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4HXpF4pehc&t=1s

Return to “Videos and Media”