CTsirenhunter

Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:12 pm

Looking at this person's videos, the two "storm" videos are the only ones of their kind. That other fake vid with the Tbolts is the same. Last time there was a big fake video crisis here, it involved a member of this board stealing people's audio, but the people behind these new videos have nothing to do with sirens as far as I can tell.

So my question is: Why do this? Do they think it's just funny themselves? Are they trying to make the vids more exciting for people on youtube? Or are they deliberately messing with us siren enthusiasts?

Justin

Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:38 pm

CTsirenhunter wrote:So my question is: Why do this? Do they think it's just funny themselves? Are they trying to make the vids more exciting for people on youtube? Or are they deliberately messing with us siren enthusiasts?
When it came to that crisis way back yonder, the persons involved (all below the age of thirteen) were set out just to create (what seemed like) a false sense of "importantness" by flooding YouTube with illegitimate videos using recordings and images that they weren't entitled to use, and in some cases: credited themselves to other people's property.
This severely pissed off several more senior members, and along with their trash talking (i.e. not even attempting coherent sentences) were punted from the forums.

That video there seems to only try to 'liven' the scene up, and not in a direct attack on our sanity. Thankfully, those days are gone; and hopefully they won't return.

CTsirenhunter

Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:19 am

Thank you. Now I also see why people viewed me with a bit of suspicion initially, seeing as I am somewhat young in the scheme of things here.

I'll keep an eye out for videos that seem fake.

jkvernon

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:48 am

I'm thinking that it's possible that the storm video with the 2001 might be an electronic siren like a modulator or something playing a clip of a 2001 over and over again. I'm not saying that's what it is, I just figured I'd play the devils advocate.

And the video with the TBolts in Missouri, where would that guy have found those recordings? Also, it is possible for sirens to be installed within a mile of each other. There are places in Westerville, Ohio where there are sirens well within a half mile of each other. Also, in Country Club Hills, there are 2 2001s that are no joke well within a quarter mile of each other. I'll give that guy the benefit of the doubt.

If you want a fake video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASNrSQ7Eky8

This kid also had a video of a 2001 from Brentwood, TN and said it was from Ontario. I called him out on it and he changed it and totally denied doing anything. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2q5Ytf4jOQ

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Re: Fake video list

Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:05 pm

Found another possible fake. The reason I think this one is possibly afake is because this sounds like a classic recording which has been used time and again. Also, you can hear the tape of the recording wavering a little.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bbZbScVphbg

This video was just recently posted. What do you guies think? Is this a fake, or not?
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

CTsirenhunter

Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:49 pm

It has apparently been removed by the user.

ver tum

Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:56 pm

CTsirenhunter wrote:It has apparently been removed by the user.
Weird... Maybe the guy saw my post on this site, and removed the video?
Josh
Audio
YouTube

ver tum

Re: Fake video list

Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:37 pm

This video is the second video I've seen in the past four days, that sounds suspiciously like the audio was ripped off Civildefensemuseum.com. The poster's username is DjHardaFasta. It sounds like he may have taken Eric's T-135 recording, and dubbed in another recording, possibly the low pitched Alan, TX Thunderbolt 1000T, and added his own talking and other stuff in for effect. Also, those sirens sound too short for a real tornado warning. If you play the T-135 recording from Civildefensemuseum.com, and this video together, they sound identical to each other, except that the original audio recording didn't have that Thunderbolt in it.
Josh
Audio
YouTube

kswx29

Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:00 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ul-sh_5WGMw
Fake, Sand Springs, OK has Whelens.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

Minerva Mink

Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:36 pm

I have to agree with you there. I was talking to Josh on the phone about this clip and he says the ASC T135 recordings are similary related. Also the tbolt sounds like it was taken either from the same site or some one else's :evil: The thing i noticed that made this clip not real wasent only the 135, but the Tbolt shuts off WAY before the 135 quits, durring normal warnings around here when the do a CancelALL the sirens all simotaneously wind down at the same time. Lots of years of listening sure pays off :P

Return to “Videos and Media”