Mr.Thunderbolt

Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:00 pm

jkvernon wrote:I'm thinking that it's possible that the storm video with the 2001 might be an electronic siren like a modulator or something playing a clip of a 2001 over and over again. I'm not saying that's what it is, I just figured I'd play the devils advocate.

And the video with the TBolts in Missouri, where would that guy have found those recordings? Also, it is possible for sirens to be installed within a mile of each other. There are places in Westerville, Ohio where there are sirens well within a half mile of each other. Also, in Country Club Hills, there are 2 2001s that are no joke well within a quarter mile of each other. I'll give that guy the benefit of the doubt.

If you want a fake video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASNrSQ7Eky8

This kid also had a video of a 2001 from Brentwood, TN and said it was from Ontario. I called him out on it and he changed it and totally denied doing anything. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2q5Ytf4jOQ
Hey jkvernon, your right about the two 2001's in Country Club Hills. I live in walking distance of the one by the water tower. I love hearing that thing on every first Tuesday of the month.

Justin

Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:05 am

Stuck for ease of access.

May I remind everyone that your request for a video to bestow the official label of "fake", that your report must follow this convention listed below:
Request for fake video label wrote:YouTube user: ThreeMileIslandNGS
Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjQUYLINHOU
ARS board user name: Hope Creek ACA system (banned)
Reason: Forged recording
If different video service: Replace "YouTube" with the service name.
A link must be included.
Forum name: If applicable.

Reasons
  • Dubbed
    Basically for any video that uses multimedia produced by someone else in their own works.
  • Little/No reference
    If a user outright flogged a video and uploaded it under their own user name and did not credit the author.
  • No rights
    If a user flogged a video and uploaded it, and did credit the author; but they had no permission to do so from the author. Licences are a valid form of 'permission', providing they allow such moves. For example: Creative Commons.
Any forum user caught posting dubbed, licenced (for which they have no rights) or non-referenced multimedia, will be banned. Permanently.

murrfarms
YouTube Username: murrfarms

Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:06 am

I found three more plagiarized videos on YouTube.

YouTube User: ronlangley2015

Video #1: "c3985"
Video #2: "ars"
Video #3: "fst"
ARS Member: (unknown)
Reason: Plagiarized videos

These videos came from Eric Green's Civil Defense Museum site. The first two are of the Moss Lake, TX Thunderbolts he installed, and the third one is of his Mini-Thunderbolt. Video 1 is Eric's "North Thunderbolt" video, Video 2 is his "South Thunderbolt" video.
-Ian M.

EOWS 612

Wed May 21, 2008 3:19 am

jkvernon wrote:I'm thinking that it's possible that the storm video with the 2001 might be an electronic siren like a modulator or something playing a clip of a 2001 over and over again. I'm not saying that's what it is, I just figured I'd play the devils advocate.

And the video with the TBolts in Missouri, where would that guy have found those recordings? Also, it is possible for sirens to be installed within a mile of each other. There are places in Westerville, Ohio where there are sirens well within a half mile of each other. Also, in Country Club Hills, there are 2 2001s that are no joke well within a quarter mile of each other. I'll give that guy the benefit of the doubt.

This kid also had a video of a 2001 from Brentwood, TN and said it was from Ontario. I called him out on it and he changed it and totally denied doing anything. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2q5Ytf4jOQ
Compare the audio in that video to the audio in "British WW2 Carter Siren (Gents Of Leicester)". I can't get the URL to work though. There IDENTICAL.

Tannre

Wed May 21, 2008 5:10 am

EOWS 612 wrote:

Compare the audio in that video to the audio in "British WW2 Carter Siren (Gents Of Leicester)". I can't get the URL to work though. There IDENTICAL.
Heres the link to the first video. this is the real siren. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i1QAtET0ok
Tanner L - Your one of only a handful of siren experts of the Oregon area!

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:19 pm

Found another fake video.

YouTube user: CP503
Video link:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0OnVI-BfVzU
ARS Board user name: unknown
Reason: dubbed.

This person took the two audio recordings of the Valley View, TX Thunderbolt 1000, and stuck them in his video without giving credit to Eric Green, or Civildefensemuseum.com. Those two recordings are among my favorite siren recordings, so I recognized them immediately.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

CTsirenhunter

Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:41 am

While the audio may be stolen, I would like to respectfully point out that the video content in this video is simply shots from an online game of sorts called Club Penguin, rather than...say...actual tornado footage or something. So essentially the Thunderbolts are basically just being used as sound effects for something that should be considered fictional. That's not the same as the other fake videos out there by any means. The creator wasn't trying to pass off the Thunderbolt recordings as his own. He was just looking for a siren sound for a video that seems to me to just be something...cute. Where else would they get the sound of a siren from. And for something kind of pointless and "cute" like this, is asking permission to use a recording really worth the time it takes?

If more experienced member, upon reading it, feel this post to be unnecessary, you may remove it.
I left this board in early 2010. I am not a part of the siren community in any sense anymore. I will not provide assistance or information.

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:30 am

CTsirenhunter wrote:While the audio may be stolen, I would like to respectfully point out that the video content in this video is simply shots from an online game of sorts called Club Penguin, rather than...say...actual tornado footage or something. So essentially the Thunderbolts are basically just being used as sound effects for something that should be considered fictional. That's not the same as the other fake videos out there by any means. The creator wasn't trying to pass off the Thunderbolt recordings as his own. He was just looking for a siren sound for a video that seems to me to just be something...cute. Where else would they get the sound of a siren from. And for something kind of pointless and "cute" like this, is asking permission to use a recording really worth the time it takes?

If more experienced member, upon reading it, feel this post to be unnecessary, you may remove it.
I don't know if you're aware of this, but I'm visually impaired, so I didn't see the video content. I just heard the Valley View, TX Thunderbolt recordings. If those were my recordings, I would at least want to be given credit for them.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

CTsirenhunter

Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:52 pm

Ok, this thread is the wrong place to argue this. I sent you a PM of apology and such.
I left this board in early 2010. I am not a part of the siren community in any sense anymore. I will not provide assistance or information.

MattDean1003

Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:37 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXcX2e37q0

wrestlingkid10

Board name? Not sure if he has one.

Reason why? One of the FIRST recordings we ever heard of a "fire siren" is just kinda dubbed into this video. Don't try to fool me...................I recognized it right away!

Crappy audio and video quality, then a really high quality siren sound. What kind of siren is that? Sounds a little low and deep for a Model 5. Could it be the original Erick?
James M. Dean

Return to “Videos and Media”