coastalsyrolover

Re: Jailbar Sriped Thunderbolt 1000 (BUMBLEBOLT)

Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:39 pm

Tyler wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:59 pm
Brendan W wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:52 pm
Tyler wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:33 am

Afaik, this unit in particular lost it's controller a long time ago. The entire system was activated by telephone relay and I highly doubt the things would activate at all if they even tried.
Could be wrong, but I was always under the assumption that the controls were inside of that little building at the substation. But then again, it would not be logical to have controls for it literally across the place from the siren.
I remember reading a post a long time ago Adam Pollak made about that particular one and he said the controller for it was gone. I can’t completely remember. That might not have even been who said that, but I know the pictures in the topic were taken by him.
For sure. And I didn’t mean to sound disrespectful if I did I just thought it might. Also the jailbar in Yakima WA just might’ve been a bumblebolt.
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

freebrickproductions
YouTube Username: freebrickproductions

Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:43 am

coastalsyrolover wrote:
Tyler wrote:
Brendan W wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:52 pm

Could be wrong, but I was always under the assumption that the controls were inside of that little building at the substation. But then again, it would not be logical to have controls for it literally across the place from the siren.
I remember reading a post a long time ago Adam Pollak made about that particular one and he said the controller for it was gone. I can’t completely remember. That might not have even been who said that, but I know the pictures in the topic were taken by him.
For sure. And I didn’t mean to sound disrespectful if I did I just thought it might. Also the jailbar in Yakima WA just might’ve been a bumblebolt.
Weren't all Jailbars originally bumblebolts?
Tyler wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:00 am
freebrickproductions wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:00 am
I want to say there are three known Jailbar Thunderbolts with the original striping on the horn that survived into the 21st Century:
This one in Knoxville, TN (out of service)
One somewhere up in Michigan (out of service, may have been removed?)
One in Denver, CO (replaced)
There are/were more than that, but a lot of the ones faded over the years and are either completely yellow now, or completely black except the chopper cap.
Yea, but I was talking about ones that still had/have the stripes visible on them, not if they were originally striped or not.
It's like how there's probably still plenty of former Southern Railway U-boats and Dash-7s running around, but only 6 of them still have the "high-hood" on them.
Collector of railroad crossing equipment, traffic lights, and fans.
I'm 20 years old and a Huntsville, AL native.

Friends don't let friends post videos with tones.

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:33 am

freebrickproductions wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:43 am
coastalsyrolover wrote:
Tyler wrote:

Weren't all Jailbars originally bumblebolts?
No. The bumblebolts were only a thing in 52. Some probably were from early 53, but only a small chunk.
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

Return to “Videos and Media”