freebrickproductions
YouTube Username: freebrickproductions

10-3-18 Palmer Park Model 2 Siren Short Alert Test, Madison, AL

Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:15 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOupKqWCS0I

Since today was Madison County's siren test, and I happened to be off of work on the same day that the weather was cooperating, I decided to head out and record the test. After doing some thinking, I ultimately decided to go with the Model 2 out in Madison. The main reason I chose this siren is that it's still active, despite the fact that a 2001-130 was installed by the county about 3/4 of a mile to the west of this siren along Palmer Road a little over 10 years ago. In fact, the 2001-130 can be heard during the test, along with another 2001 (I believe the 2001-SRN on Jetplex Boulevard about 1.17 miles to the south of this siren). An interesting fact about Madison's sirens is that the city of Madison owns almost all of the sirens within the city limits, aside from a few newer ones like the 2001-130s in the area, and as such, they use wooden poles rather than the metal towers the rest of Madison County uses, though the county still sets them off. I believe this siren was installed around the time Madison installed their 2001-SRNs in the late 1990s/early 2000s. However, interestingly enough, they've never felt the need to have this siren removed or deactivated, despite the fact that it now sits well within the coverage radius of the nearby 2001-130, and has been for the last 10 years.

Madison County, AL tests on the 1st Wednesday of every month at noon, weather permitting. If the test isn't done on the 1st Wednesday of a month, it's delayed to the 2nd Wednesday of the same month at noon, again weather permitting.

Madison County, AL siren map:
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.724618, ... ljTowEqafc
Collector of railroad crossing equipment, traffic lights, and fans.
I'm 20 years old and a Huntsville, AL native.

Friends don't let friends post videos with tones.

Return to “Videos and Media”