carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Short-Horn Thunderbolt 1000T in Denver!

Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:45 am

Many of you may remember this one from The Siren Archive. Well it's still active!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfhieFaZ ... =recentlik

Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

dilloncarpenter

Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:56 am

I found this one on Google a while ago! I KNEW it was the short one! 8)

Someone needs to get an SD-10/2001 combo recording soon. Locations are 47th and York, and Alameda and Pecos. SD-10 is a few yards east of the 2001 in both cases.

This is EXACTLY the pitch that Norman used on their Thunderbolts...good times...
Last edited by dilloncarpenter on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

Mantis

Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:58 am

There was never any reason to belive it was inactive, don't know why some people seem surprised.
dilloncarpenter wrote:Someone needs to get an SD-10/2001 combo recording soon. Locations are 47th and York, and Alameda and Pecos. SD-10 is a few yards east of the 2001 in both cases.
I suppose I'll go for the Alameda & Pecos location eventually, but I'm going for the Model 3 - 2001 combo at Bradley first.

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:04 am

Mantis wrote:There was never any reason to belive it was inactive, don't know why some people seem surprised.
Well chances were it could've been replaced, but it hasn't luckily! I kind of assumed it would still work after this horn incident, because Ramona, SD also has a Thunderbolt 1000 the same way, but I think that part of the horn was cut off on purpose for a reason.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

coppercarl
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: TheWeatherGuys

Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:20 am

carexpertandy wrote:
Mantis wrote:There was never any reason to belive it was inactive, don't know why some people seem surprised.
Well chances were it could've been replaced, but it hasn't luckily! I kind of assumed it would still work after this horn incident, because Ramona, SD also has a Thunderbolt 1000 the same way, but I think that part of the horn was cut off on purpose for a reason.
Derek Thompson had a video posted of that siren at one time. He had said in its description that it was cut as an attempt to quite the siren. Apparently it failed to do anything.
Ian Tate
Facebook

dilloncarpenter

Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:33 am

It would probably only make a fraction of a decibel's difference. I think what really amplifies the sound is how thin the horn is where the sound comes pulsing out supercharged.

Mysterious T-Bolt 111

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:33 am

:shock: Ahh! Why is the horn short? Did they supposedly cut off the horn like the Romana, SD T-Bolt 1000 to mute the sound a tad?

dilloncarpenter

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:46 am

I think there's a big park right behind the one in Denver, so they probably cut it off to make it quieter, and defeat its whole purpose. Looks like it didn't really work.

Mantis

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:14 am

carexpertandy wrote:Well chances were it could've been replaced
Nah, Denver wouldn't replace a siren because of that. Especially since it was probably the city that chopped the horn to begin with.

Thunderboltlover
YouTube Username: thunderboltlover

Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:16 am

coppercarl wrote:
carexpertandy wrote:
Derek Thompson had a video posted of that siren at one time. He had said in its description that it was cut as an attempt to quite the siren. Apparently it failed to do anything.
Ramona still uses the t-bolt 1000 for firecalls, but has installed a 2001 for weather warnings.
Proud owner of a Thunderbolt 1003

Return to “Videos and Media”