Duderocks5539
YouTube Username: Duderocks5539
Discord: Duderocks5539

LARGE B&M SIREN THAT IS ACTIVE!!!!!!!!

Wed May 29, 2019 2:47 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLN6fnyKz0E

Yesterday ,I went out to Sierra Madre to see their very rare and only known active large B&M siren go off for a monthly test. This siren has been decommissioned for quite some time ,but early this year It was put back into service early this year due to the city getting an increase in wildfires and mudslides. This is a B&M Model 15-AR-5 which means its 5 hp ,and let me tell you ,this was by the loudest siren test I have ever been too (The loudest siren I have ever heard is obviously a Chrysler). This one was so loud my cameras mic got quite a bit distorted ,and I had a headache about an hour after the test. But this thing was even louder than a T-128 or a 2001-SRN and SRNB!! And those are about 7.5 hp ,or at least the T-128s are. This siren is likely from the 1940s or 50s ,so it was originally installed during the cold war. I believe It has been inactive since around the time LA decommissioned their system ,which was in 1986. But anyways ,Enjoy this video!
Proud owner of a Federal Sign & Signal Thunderbolt 1000A, Federal Sign & Signal Model L, Darley Model 2-120 and a Model 120 from the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant.
Model 120 wiki: https://wiki.airraidsirens.net/Model_120

SirenMadness

Re: LARGE B&M SIREN THAT IS ACTIVE!!!!!!!!

Fri May 31, 2019 1:46 am

It's always neat to hear a siren with an odd ratio. That pitch is dizzying high!
~ Peter Radanovic

dispatcherman

Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:22 am

Sounds almost the same pitch as the old EBS tone!!
Dale(dispatcherman)...

coastalsyrolover

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:04 pm

That’s cool! That thing is probably louder than 116 because it’s up above you. OT, but where did you hear a Chrysler??? I want to hear one!!! Lol.
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

Return to “Videos and Media”