fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Sentry 14V Siren Test, Two Alerts, Knox Township, OH (7/6/19)

Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:38 am

Video description says it all.

Anyone know what the weird wind down thing is? 14V-AC’s are three phase, so is it a brake or something? These are programmed to do the strange three alerts that the old Allertors used to do. Someone said it was a serious electrical issue but they had a licensed electrician come out so I imagine whoever wired everything knew very well what they were doing. Siren reached peak pitch fine and wound down normally the second time...could it be capacitors or something?

Knox Township changed their test time and procedure with the installation of the new system, they now test on the First Saturday of the Month at 1 PM (March-Oct.) for 1 minute of Alert, today they did a little over a minute since cancel tones are sent manually, hence why it started up for the next cycle and that’s how I figured out these still do that wacky signal.

Some of you may recall the old test time was every other Saturday at 5 PM for 3 minutes. Township trustee stated that the reason they changed the duration of the test to one minute was because “they didn’t want residents to get used to the sirens and not know the difference between a real siren alert and a test.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovhVEG2Xl3g
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

Snowcube
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: lumex

Re: Sentry 14V Siren Test, Two Alerts, Knox Township, OH (7/6/19)

Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:12 pm

Do you know what brand of motors Sentry uses? I'm wondering if it could be a new "feature" where they slow down and stop before starting again.
I have an unhealthy obsession with mini sirens.
Thingiverse page

fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:55 pm

Zarlog wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:12 pm
Do you know what brand of motors Sentry uses? I'm wondering if it could be a new "feature" where they slow down and stop before starting again.
I have no technical information on anything Sentry because they do not release that information publicly to my knowledge.

I can see if I can reach out to C&K Early Warning Systems and ask them if this is an issue, but I unfortunately do not have a Facebook account, so I may have to have one of my good friends run the message by them.

Probably best to be safe than sorry, I’d hate to see these turn out like the Allertors did in a few years.
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

Archon

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:15 am

This Siren is on a Phase Convertor a rather large Ronk one That is why it does the quick wind down. and why it takes a while to get up to Speed

Return to “Videos and Media”