DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Loudoun ES-5000DC - First Loudoun Siren Recorded Using Voice

Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:03 pm

I present to you all the first up close recording of a Loudoun ES-5000DC and the first of a Loudoun using voice. This was my first experience recording a Loudoun siren. It's actually fairly loud, comparable to other sirens in its class. It performs like an ATI in the sense that it's not completely omnidirectional, but the SPL doesn't fall through the floor quite as bad when your off axis with the horns. The angle of the coverage from these Atlas DR-72 horns seem to be a little wider than the one on the Kingstar horns that ATI and ASC use.

Spalding County has a small system of 6 of these sirens located in random areas of the county. Loudoun rates them at a mile of range, but that's a bit of a stretch. This is really the only one in the city that covers anything significant. The system is tied into the weather radio system, so it activates when the NWS/NOAA tests. This usually happens every Wednesday between 11:30 and noon. For the past couple of weeks I've monitored my radio, and they typically test a little after 11:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8fG72Szktc
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

uncommonsense

Re: Loudoun ES-5000DC - First Loudoun Siren Recorded Using Voice

Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:40 pm

Pretty bold to crib Whelen's test announcement.

Return to “Videos and Media”