SDsirenman
YouTube Username: NorthCentralSirens

Yale SD Whelen Vortex-O2 Recording

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:34 pm

https://youtu.be/FKqpmKsRQHQ

On 9/26/2020 at 11:45 AM I meet up with Brandon Mendel from Jasper IN to record this Whelen Vortex, it was a good spot except for the flies, they were thick as... well... flies
The reason he traveled all the way to SD was to pick up HIS Thunderbolt 1003 that he bought from me.
Originally he and his dad were gonna come to my house to pick up the siren but he fell behind on time and we decided to meet directly at the siren, so I hit the road and within an hour I meet Brandon Mendel, I was only a few minutes behind him and I showed up, we shook hands and talked for a little bit as we had a bit of time before 12.

After the talking we began setting up, I was amazed at the complexity of his equipment, a Udien Radio, his camera with medium sized lens, his drone. I joked around that I got a lot of catching up to do and we laughed at that.

Once we were set up, tones dropped and the siren booped to life.
After that test he put his drone up for flight and he took some video, he remarked on all the bird poop ontop of the siren and he showed me how he flew his drone for the shots.

After that we decided to head to my place but first...lunch, we grabbed a quick subway and made our way to my place where we loaded the Screamer, we loaded the chopper assembly & horn, we loaded the Darley, and the AF timer.
He'll be back for the blower assembly sometime in October and I'll probably take him to another siren test in Beadle County, probably the 2001's in Huron.

Overall it was an totally fun day one I'm looking forward to repeating again.

Return to “Videos and Media”