Re: Australian Sirens

Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:29 am

10V2T wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:35 pm
SirensOfAustralia wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:32 pm
10V2T wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:41 pm
There is a whole thread of those funky-looking Grifco things. Also, that's pretty cool! I heard that system was installed for APEC 2007 and kept later on for emergencies.
Correct! They use these for civil emergencies and only due to the fact that there hasn’t been any proper natural disasters around the city. We don’t get tornadoes often and it’s a rare occasion seeing one! The only recorded tornadoes were F1s which is pretty small and the last time we ever got them was in 2017-16 so we don’t need tornado siren. But I think if the city of Sydney should install some cool sirens like Federal Signal, Asc, Whelen (ooh an analog could be nice), and many leading US siren brands.
Having American sirens would be pretty cool. Places like the UK and even Finland have used American sirens. Heck, Denmark's whole system is made out of American sirens.
Just take a glance at my map.

We have:

Whelen
Federal Signal
Sentry
Darley
Sterling (Quite a few Little Giants, and a N5)
ACA (Removed, none remaining, that I can tell. I only found 1/30 of the Cyclones sent here, and It's been removed.)
Heck, even a few European and German sirens.
Also, a bunch of Aussie companies, and some newer Klaxon stuff.
As well as a bunch of WW2 UK stuff.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 000002&z=5
Siren Enthusiast from Australia since 2012. Designer of the KEYTROL-K4 Siren Controller.

SirensOfAustralia
YouTube Username: SirensAndTrainsDownUnder

Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:47 am

HX56 wrote:
10V2T wrote:
SirensOfAustralia wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:32 pm

Correct! They use these for civil emergencies and only due to the fact that there hasn’t been any proper natural disasters around the city. We don’t get tornadoes often and it’s a rare occasion seeing one! The only recorded tornadoes were F1s which is pretty small and the last time we ever got them was in 2017-16 so we don’t need tornado siren. But I think if the city of Sydney should install some cool sirens like Federal Signal, Asc, Whelen (ooh an analog could be nice), and many leading US siren brands.
Having American sirens would be pretty cool. Places like the UK and even Finland have used American sirens. Heck, Denmark's whole system is made out of American sirens.

We have:

Whelen
Federal Signal
Sentry
Darley
ACA (Removed, none remaining, that I can tell. I only found 1/30 of the Cyclones sent here, and It's been removed.)

Wait what??? We had ACA Cyclones? That’s jaw dropping!! Do you have any of the locations of photos you can provide me ? I’m willing to take heavy research for this.
A siren enthusiast down under. :)

Proud owner of a Skil Sher Wailing Joe & Alarm Master!

HX56
YouTube Username: HX56

Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:34 am

SirensOfAustralia wrote:
HX56 wrote:
10V2T wrote:

We have:

Whelen
Federal Signal
Sentry
Darley

Wait what??? We had ACA Cyclones? That’s jaw dropping!! Do you have any of the locations of photos you can provide me ? I’m willing to take heavy research for this.
Yeah, there was a thing on ASC's site ages ago talking about around the world projects. I believe the 30 went to refineries and mines, definitely not fire stations (That I know of). The one I found was at Port Stanvac, which is audible running at 50hz on the siren videos on YouTube, and I believe I found it from historical Port Stanvac photos that I spent hours researching. There appears there was two Thunderbolts that were there as well, the Blower and Head are clear in the photos, though lots of people dispute it. The rest of the Cyclones. who knows, I tried messaging ASC about it a weekish ago, no reply yet.
Siren Enthusiast from Australia since 2012. Designer of the KEYTROL-K4 Siren Controller.

SirensOfAustralia

Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:41 am

HX56 wrote:
SirensOfAustralia wrote:
HX56 wrote:

We have:

Whelen
Federal Signal
Sentry
Darley

Yeah, there was a thing on ASC's site ages ago talking about around the world projects. I believe the 30 went to refineries and mines, definitely not fire stations (That I know of). The one I found was at Port Stanvac, which is audible running at 50hz on the siren videos on YouTube, and I believe I found it from historical Port Stanvac photos that I spent hours researching. There appears there was two Thunderbolts that were there as well, the Blower and Head are clear in the photos, though lots of people dispute it. The rest of the Cyclones. who knows, I tried messaging ASC about it a weekish ago, no reply yet.
That’s insane! I shall do the research now!

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:48 am

I wouldn't say the Cyclone and Thunderbolts are confirmed, until you find clear photos. The supposed Cyclone is an 8/12 port siren running at a slow speed, and it doesn't have the right timbre to be a Cyclone, and the pictures of the supposed Thunderbolts you posted are just a couple of pixels in a photo. I don't mean to sound rude, but false information is certainly one of the least favorable things in any hobby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU0R8V1Um34
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

SirensOfAustralia

Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:04 am

Synther wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:48 am
I wouldn't say the Cyclone and Thunderbolts are confirmed, until you find clear photos. The supposed Cyclone is an 8/12 port siren running at a slow speed, and it doesn't have the right timbre to be a Cyclone, and the pictures of the supposed Thunderbolts you posted are just a couple of pixels in a photo. I don't mean to sound rude, but false information is certainly one of the least favorable things in any hobby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU0R8V1Um34
apart from the cyclone the other two sirens sound like small sirens, my guess is that they could be federal models like the model L

HudsonRiverSirens
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768

Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:50 pm

HX56 wrote:
SirensOfAustralia wrote:
HX56 wrote:

We have:

Whelen
Federal Signal
Sentry
Darley

Do you have the photos?
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

SirensOfAustralia

Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:59 am

10V2T wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:50 pm
HX56 wrote:
SirensOfAustralia wrote:

Do you have the photos?
Ok my idea is that we divide this theory of the thunderbolts and cyclones on a new topic so it is seen better and we might be able to find answers that way

Return to “Videos and Media”