SirensOfAustralia
YouTube Username: SirensAndTrainsDownUnder

Australian Sirens

Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:36 am

I haven’t found any active topics (or any in general) that post media about Australian Sirens and here I think we can all share them if that’s how the Media section works
A siren enthusiast down under. :)

Proud owner of a Skil Sher Wailing Joe & Alarm Master!

SirensOfAustralia

Re: Australian Sirens

Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:44 am

Spotted today a Sydney CBD siren (Speaker system) that is spread across the city!
50CF27FC-739A-4D85-9AC7-DC0D8BDBED1A.jpeg
50CF27FC-739A-4D85-9AC7-DC0D8BDBED1A.jpeg (426.6 KiB) Viewed 2500 times
F32D367A-1E22-44B0-9D98-774079D3759C.jpeg
F32D367A-1E22-44B0-9D98-774079D3759C.jpeg (122.72 KiB) Viewed 2500 times

HudsonRiverSirens
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768

Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:41 pm

There is a whole thread of those funky-looking Grifco things. Also, that's pretty cool! I heard that system was installed for APEC 2007 and kept later on for emergencies.
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

SirensOfAustralia

Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:32 pm

10V2T wrote:
There is a whole thread of those funky-looking Grifco things. Also, that's pretty cool! I heard that system was installed for APEC 2007 and kept later on for emergencies.
Correct! They use these for civil emergencies and only due to the fact that there hasn’t been any proper natural disasters around the city. We don’t get tornadoes often and it’s a rare occasion seeing one! The only recorded tornadoes were F1s which is pretty small and the last time we ever got them was in 2017-16 so we don’t need tornado siren. But I think if the city of Sydney should install some cool sirens like Federal Signal, Asc, Whelen (ooh an analog could be nice), and many leading US siren brands.

HudsonRiverSirens
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768

Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:35 pm

SirensOfAustralia wrote:
10V2T wrote:
Correct! They use these for civil emergencies and only due to the fact that there hasn’t been any proper natural disasters around the city. We don’t get tornadoes often and it’s a rare occasion seeing one! The only recorded tornadoes were F1s which is pretty small and the last time we ever got them was in 2017-16 so we don’t need tornado siren. But I think if the city of Sydney should install some cool sirens like Federal Signal, Asc, Whelen (ooh an analog could be nice), and many leading US siren brands.
Having American sirens would be pretty cool. Places like the UK and even Finland have used American sirens. Heck, Denmark's whole system is made out of American sirens.
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

SirensOfAustralia

Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:53 pm

10V2T wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:35 pm
SirensOfAustralia wrote:
10V2T wrote:
Having American sirens would be pretty cool. Places like the UK and even Finland have used American sirens. Heck, Denmark's whole system is made out of American sirens.
Yeah, Severnside has a system consisiting Modulators and DSAs but they have a funky tone to them. they start of by slow whooping a few times then winds up all the way and pulses a couple of times and they do it all again. It’s pretty cool seeing these sirens make it across to many different countries!

I’m still looking for sirens around NSW!

sirensandfirealarms
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SuperSirex127
Discord: SuperSirex127#3917

Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:31 am

Unfortunately theres not much documentation of Australian sirens out there aside from a few videos of Country Fire Service sirens in South Australia and Victoria. I do have a map of sirens around the country though, many of them at volunteer fire stations. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 098992&z=4
Proud owner of 4 Model As(all in a state of disrepair), a USI siren, and a 16-port rotor from a Sterling M-10.

SirensOfAustralia

Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:38 am

sirensandfirealarms wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:31 am
Unfortunately theres not much documentation of Australian sirens out there aside from a few videos of Country Fire Service sirens in South Australia and Victoria. I do have a map of sirens around the country though, many of them at volunteer fire stations. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 098992&z=4
There could be more than one Fire siren out in the country of NSW but I have found at the Albury Metro Fire Station, located in Albury NSW

german_siren
YouTube Username: krautscheid

Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuW2iNLd_EQ i thought the swiss have one of the most crazies signal but that australian one is really one of the most intresting i have ever heard. and the speakers produce a really good voice clarity

HX56
YouTube Username: HX56

Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:27 am

SirensOfAustralia wrote:
10V2T wrote:
Tornado touched down a suburb away from me a few years back, EF3.
Siren Enthusiast from Australia since 2012. Designer of the KEYTROL-K4 Siren Controller.

Return to “Videos and Media”