freebrickproductions
YouTube Username: freebrickproductions

10-11-21 Sick Federal Signal 508 Siren Alert Test, Athens, AL

Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Aj8LUxMqUM

Went out this morning to see about getting a recording of Limestone County's siren test. Decided to go after the 508 on Roy Long Road in Athens, located near the CSX line, as I thought it'd be a neat one to record. While it was sounding a lady driving by was curious as to what was going on, as she wasn't aware that this was when Limestone County tested, so I politely informed her.
Unfortunately, this siren doesn't seem to be doing all that well, as there's very obviously something wrong with it. During the first half or so of the test, the pitch quickly drops quite dramatically, though at about 1:48 or so in the video, it goes back-up a fair bit (in fact, you can see the chopper speed-up). Then, a few seconds later (at about 2:06 or so), it goes all the way back-up to full power and pitch. Not entirely sure what happened, but I think it may have been something with the batteries. Either way, I reported it to the Limestone County EMA after the test, by leaving a message on their answering machine. However, as it is a TVA siren, I don't know if the EMA or TVA is responsible for fixing it. If the latter, I do hope they forwarded the message onto TVA so they can get this thing looked at and hopefully fixed.

Limestone County, AL tests on the second Monday of the month at 9:15 AM, weather permitting.

Limestone County, AL siren map:
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.7896432 ... authuser=0
Collector of railroad crossing equipment, traffic lights, and fans.
I'm 20 years old and a Huntsville, AL native.

Friends don't let friends post videos with tones.

Return to “Videos and Media”