freebrickproductions
YouTube Username: freebrickproductions

10-13-21 Palmer Road 2001-130 Siren Short Alert + Silent Test, Madison, AL

Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:31 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCUhSrCVSZo

As Madison County's test was not done last week due to the weather, I went out today to get it instead. This actually would've been my third test of the week had Etowah County not cancelled yesterday. Decided to go for this 2001-130 on Palmer Road, as I hadn't recorded a close-up of one of a 130 yet. This siren appears to be an older 130, as it's visible on street view dating back to 2007. These actually aren't too common within Madison County, despite the county being mostly 2001s, as I'm only personally aware of about 4 of them within the county at the current moment. Which I suppose makes sense, as most of them were installed back in the 90s with the occasional new install or replacement since then. This particular unit is located along Palmer Road near County Line Road (the western edge of Madison County), not too far from the Palmer Park Model 2, TBH. As such, it's rather audible from the Model 2, but I wasn't able to hear the Model 2 from here.
This probably isn't the best video I've taken of a siren, TBH. I had my camera pointed right into a backlit shady spot in the middle of a bright and sunny day, which led to the camera's autofocus bumping the exposure a lot higher. As a result, this caused the siren to become rather washed-out. However, the audio's still pretty good, which, TBH, is kinda the most important thing about these videos, lol. The trees all around this siren basically forced my angle on it anyways, so, admittedly, there wasn't too much I could do for shooting this video.
As a side note, I'm primarily gonna be focusing on getting as many of the remaining unrecorded 2001s within Madison County filmed over the next several months as I can. Apparently the county is currently planning on replacing all of the rotating sirens outside of Redstone Arsenal next year, almost certainly with omnidirectional ones. As a result, this basically means that all of the 2001s and the three remaining Thunderbeams will be getting replaced. As I've already recorded all three remaining Thunderbeams, I plan on focusing on the various 2001s that I can. Not sure if I'll try for the older, but more common, 2001s (the ACs and SRNs) or if I'll go for the newer, but less common, 2001s (the SRNBs and 130s). The Sentries and Model 2s, along with all of the 2001s on Redstone Arsenal, will be left in place and active though, so I won't go after them as much until after the system upgrade occurs (should it happen).

Madison County, AL tests on the 1st Wednesday of every month at noon, weather permitting. If the test is unable to be conducted on the 1st Wednesday, it's then delayed to the 2nd Wednesday of the month at noon, weather permitting.

Madison County, AL Siren Map:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LIKGe ... sp=sharing
Collector of railroad crossing equipment, traffic lights, and fans.
I'm 20 years old and a Huntsville, AL native.

Friends don't let friends post videos with tones.

HudsonRiverSirens
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768

Re: 10-13-21 Palmer Road 2001-130 Siren Short Alert + Silent Test, Madison, AL

Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:01 am

Epic video and cool mount but tbh, I don't think you know how to use tbh :lol:
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

uncommonsense

Re: 10-13-21 Palmer Road 2001-130 Siren Short Alert + Silent Test, Madison, AL

Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:05 pm

10V2T wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:01 am
Epic video and cool mount but tbh, I don't think you know how to use tbh :lol:
Focus on the video. Read it back out loud. It’s fine. OP is a veteran of these forums.

Return to “Videos and Media”