The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:51 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:37 pm 

YouTube Username: 4j25
For the one about starting early, here's my two cents: Start at LEAST four minutes early. I've had sirens sound up to four minutes early, and believe me, having a little extra video to deal with/cut out is better than missing a wind up.

Also, try to have the sun at your back when recording a siren.

[ img ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:49 pm 

YouTube Username: Spencer Harman
Daniel wrote:
Another bit of advice: when giving your video a title, include the word "siren." There are other things in the world which use the same model numbers, and unless someone is searching strictly for a 3T22 or a SuperDecot Double Bansheelertor, they won't find your video at all.
If you don't put the world "siren" in the title, at least put it in the description.

Check out my siren recordings! https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

Proud owner of a Fedelcode Model 2.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:05 am 
New User

That's good advice and everyone should follow it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:16 am 

YouTube Username: CentralPASirens
Sorry for the bump, but I have one that hasn't been covered at all yet. Make sure to always include a watermark of some sort to indicate ownership of your content. I've witnessed many instances of stolen videos before, so adding one will greatly reduce the risk of this. Anyway, here are a few pointers for adding a copyright stamp:
1. Pick a corner and put it there. Putting it in the center will interfere with the video.
2. Make it small enough that it doesn't conflict with the siren, but also make it large enough that it's easily readable.
3. Always include your name (or screen name) and the year of the recording.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:30 am 

YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: ASMR 9
I have one too:
At the end of a recording, if possible zoom out. This gives a good perspective of the area and distance.

Thingiverse page

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:18 pm 

YouTube Username: Midwest Siren Productions
Spencerlovestrains wrote: *
Daniel wrote:
Another bit of advice: when giving your video a title, include the word "siren." There are other things in the world which use the same model numbers, and unless someone is searching strictly for a 3T22 or a SuperDecot Double Bansheelertor, they won't find your video at all.
If you don't put the world "siren" in the title, at least put it in the description.
Tagging also works wonders too; I always tag mine as general as possible for easy access.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:44 pm 

YouTube Username: Indy Metro Sirens
Luke wrote: *
Sorry for the bump, but I have one that hasn't been covered at all yet. Make sure to always include a watermark of some sort to indicate ownership of your content. I've witnessed many instances of stolen videos before, so adding one will greatly reduce the risk of this. Anyway, here are a few pointers for adding a copyright stamp:
1. Pick a corner and put it there. Putting it in the center will interfere with the video.
2. Make it small enough that it doesn't conflict with the siren, but also make it large enough that it's easily readable.
How do you create a watermark and add it to your video? I have always wanted to use one but can't figure out how

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:58 pm 

YouTube Username: freebrickproductions
Greenfield1003 wrote: *
How do you create a watermark and add it to your video? I have always wanted to use one but can't figure out how
Do you have any video editing software on your computer, like Windows Live Movie Maker?

Friends don't let friends post videos with tones.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:47 pm 

This reminds me of working in Corporate America. Some committee puts together a 90-page document full of rules you need to follow when doing the most basic thing. And as a result, all of the joy and passion that you once had has now been stomped out of your soul forever.

Here's my advice: Use your own judgement and make your video however you want. But if you're sloppy and it sucks, be aware the nobody will watch it. The end.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:39 pm 

YouTube Username: Indy Metro Sirens
freebrickproductions wrote: *
Greenfield1003 wrote: *
Do you have any video editing software on your computer, like Windows Live Movie Maker?
I am having trouble installing it but my dad and I will look at it when we get the chance. Could you possibly make one using just YouTube video editor?