The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 2:55 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3763 posts ]  Go to page « 1345 346 347 348 349377 »
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:55 am 
Online
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 2:52 pm
Posts: 216
Real Name: Zachary Salman
YouTube Username: ShakoRam
Location: Berkeley Springs & Shepherdstown, West Virginia
WindowsWhistler2419 wrote: *
archizackture wrote: *
This siren.

[ img ]
Looks like a pump
I FOUND IT! It's called the Essi FaradicWave 6, and it's actually a fog signal that was chosen for the campus because it has a distinct sound from the town's fire siren (which is apparently an XT22).

http://www.alfredstate.edu/news/2015-03 ... ncy-sirens

_________________
Historic preservation college student in northeastern West Virginia.
Interested in the acoustical properties of mechanical sirens from a scientific and musical perspective.
West Virginia State-wide & Western Maryland Siren Map


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:19 am 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:46 pm
Posts: 507
Real Name: Sam
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: Snowcube
Location: Columbia Heights, MN
JackT2356 wrote: *
This is on top of an old school that is now an antique shop in Hixton, Wisconsin. I'm thinking that it is some sort of earlier Federal Signal model. We asked about it, and they did not know much about it. If anyone knows, please reply!
I have no idea but that looks like a Federal Electric/Sign and Signal logo on top. I definitely don't think it's a vent. You should find out if the store owners would let you get it.

_________________
Proud owner of the only Windsong-115 siren currently in existence.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:31 pm 
Offline
 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:17 pm
Posts: 39
Real Name: Jack Tischer
YouTube Username: BNSF Lover
Location: La Crosse, WI Area
Zarlog wrote: *
JackT2356 wrote: *
This is on top of an old school that is now an antique shop in Hixton, Wisconsin. I'm thinking that it is some sort of earlier Federal Signal model. We asked about it, and they did not know much about it. If anyone knows, please reply!
I have no idea but that looks like a Federal Electric/Sign and Signal logo on top. I definitely don't think it's a vent. You should find out if the store owners would let you get it.
Thanks for letting me know! We asked if it was for sale, and they said, "probably not". But I think it would be easy to take down, and it would be a cool project to work with.

_________________
I am a siren, train, and EAS enthusiast.
I have a working Thunderbolt 1000AT from La Crosse WI.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMJFJW ... TDDppMgyHg

-Jack Tischer,


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:47 am 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:46 pm
Posts: 507
Real Name: Sam
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: Snowcube
Location: Columbia Heights, MN
JackT2356 wrote: *
Zarlog wrote: *
JackT2356 wrote: *
This is on top of an old school that is now an antique shop in Hixton, Wisconsin. I'm thinking that it is some sort of earlier Federal Signal model. We asked about it, and they did not know much about it. If anyone knows, please reply!
I have no idea but that looks like a Federal Electric/Sign and Signal logo on top. I definitely don't think it's a vent. You should find out if the store owners would let you get it.
Thanks for letting me know! We asked if it was for sale, and they said, "probably not". But I think it would be easy to take down, and it would be a cool project to work with.
Yeah and it's uncommon too so if I were you (and if you have the money and means of getting it down) I would offer a few hundred for it. They would probably let you have it for that.

_________________
Proud owner of the only Windsong-115 siren currently in existence.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:39 am 
Offline
Supporter
Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:51 am
Posts: 2073
Real Name: Brendan Williamson
YouTube Username: Brendan Williamson
Discord: Brendan W.#5159
Location: Gwinnett County, GA
Hate to be a killjoy, but I am pretty sure that is a vent.

_________________
1974 Model 2-120, 1983 Thunderbolt 1000B
21, Registered Skywarn spotter as of 4/29/18
Formerly TboltFan


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:34 am 
Online
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 2:52 pm
Posts: 216
Real Name: Zachary Salman
YouTube Username: ShakoRam
Location: Berkeley Springs & Shepherdstown, West Virginia
Brendan W wrote: *
Hate to be a killjoy, but I am pretty sure that is a vent.
The loop on top tells me it's a siren, or at least another heavy appliance that would need to be lifted with a crane.

_________________
Historic preservation college student in northeastern West Virginia.
Interested in the acoustical properties of mechanical sirens from a scientific and musical perspective.
West Virginia State-wide & Western Maryland Siren Map


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:25 am 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:46 pm
Posts: 507
Real Name: Sam
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: Snowcube
Location: Columbia Heights, MN
Brendan W wrote: *
Hate to be a killjoy, but I am pretty sure that is a vent.
Yeah I thought it probably was at first but it appears to have the Federal logo on top. I suppose it could be something like an old exhaust fan or similar though. A drone could help in a sure identification.

_________________
Proud owner of the only Windsong-115 siren currently in existence.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:41 am 
Online
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 2:52 pm
Posts: 216
Real Name: Zachary Salman
YouTube Username: ShakoRam
Location: Berkeley Springs & Shepherdstown, West Virginia
This siren at the VFD in Upper Saddle River, New Jersey. I heard it from a nearby location and it sounded exactly like a Whelen WPS in Wail Tone. https://goo.gl/maps/49NcfEJZmagZ64wc9

[ img ]

_________________
Historic preservation college student in northeastern West Virginia.
Interested in the acoustical properties of mechanical sirens from a scientific and musical perspective.
West Virginia State-wide & Western Maryland Siren Map


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:08 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:44 am
Posts: 379
archizackture wrote: *
This siren at the VFD in Upper Saddle River, New Jersey. I heard it from a nearby location and it sounded exactly like a Whelen WPS in Wail Tone. https://goo.gl/maps/49NcfEJZmagZ64wc9

[ img ]
Someone probably took the drivers, made horns and a custom box for it when the original siren head got damaged.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:15 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:57 am
Posts: 813
YouTube Username: Siren_Psycho
Location: Utah
[ img ]

They 're just generic Chinese horns. From what I understand, you get get them from various different sources.

_________________
Owner of a 1991 STH10B, HOR S-L-8, Spartan Model 214, and an Edwards branded Model A.
-
My Youtube Channel


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3763 posts ]  Go to page « 1345 346 347 348 349377 »

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: 

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited