enigma1677

Poll

Mon May 22, 2006 9:31 pm

Ok i want to know everybodys thought on this, Do you think it is better to a siren system that is mixed: meaning that it has old and new, electro mechanical and electronic, or do you think it is better to have a straight across the board one type of siren type system.

The Big Labowski

Tue May 23, 2006 1:25 am

Generally, you want a "straight across the board" warning system. it will proved, good, even coverage and a familiar sound all throughout. ITs a big no no to have an electronic and mechanical siren mix. Electronic sirens have more signals and if they assign an exotic "eletronic tone"for a specific purpose, obviously a mechanical device wont be able to replicate it. The system should be 100% mechanical. Electronic sirens are often mistaken for vehicular sirens, i have many friends who do that. Mechanical sirens, anybody can tell that its an air raid siren, unless its a single tone high pitch siren, such as the 2001 at a distance. but thats only if you want it to be as effective as possible.
Bringing the joy of siren collecting to the chicago area and more!

thunderbolt1003kid

Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:22 am

our town hase 5 thunderbolt 1003 sirens i think its better to have a system of the same model of siren plus it sounds kind of musical to have 5 thunderbolt 1003 go off at the same time

SirenMadness

Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:29 am

I'd like to have a straight-across-the-board system; in my case, this would be the most efficient yet loudest mechanical sirens on the market today. Even though they draw more current, it doesn't matter as long as they have decent battery-backup mode.
~ Peter Radanovic

FS T-Bolt

Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:29 am

Straight across the board...i also think (its just my opinion) that mechanical sirens are more alertive (is that a word?) than electronic sirens...i do, however, find electronic sirens to be awesome in their own way.

PhRed

Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:44 am

With me it has to be one way or the other, too; but I **much, much** prefer the classic sirens. It's hard to find a multi-alarm (i.e. 5+ sirens) system, regardless of siren type or geographical location with good harmonics; so the ones videoed (sp?) in the Shawnee County, KS system are a rare gem.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”