sirendude2012
YouTube Username: legomn54321

Re: Sentry 40V1T?

Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:45 pm

Mark N wrote:
sirendude2012 wrote:
SirenMadness wrote:On a side note, one thing I never understood was the apparent difference in sound output between the 15V and 16V, with only one horse distinguishing the two. What gives?
*sirnedude stuffs*
Don't 16V's have a dual shaft motor?
No. They have two motors, back-to-back, vertically oriented. That's how they're so freakishly tall.
THUNDERBOLT HAS BEEN SOLD

Daniel

Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:52 pm

The 16V2T has twin DC motors, but the other AC models have single, dual-shaft motors.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Mark N
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:39 pm

Oh, alright. I must be thinking of the Fedelcode Model 20. From what I remember (I saw a post above that stated a 15/15 port version) it is a 10/10 port version.

thewoog34
YouTube Username: Thewoog34

Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:48 am

Mark N wrote:
carexpertandy wrote:I think there's a 40V2T at a church in New York. The 40V1T is supposed to be a single-toned version of the 40V2T basically, but I don't know if they've actually started selling any yet. The full name of it is the 40V1T-B by the way, the B meaning it's supposed to be able to operate on batteries.
It's actually on a Jewish school for religious purposes in NYC apparently. Thewoog34 knows about this better than I do.
I haven't been on this site in quite a while. I just came on today to see how things are going and saw this thread and here I am being mentioned. Glad you guys missed me :P

Anyways, I can't confirm that it is a 40v1t but, from what my uncle and several other people have told me, the siren on top of that school sounds like a Model 2. However, I did get to go into a building across the street from the school and look out the window only to see what looked like a cream-colored 40v2t. Plus, people online are complaining that the siren is deafening and that they want it shut off to comply with noise laws that the rest of the city has to follow. Therefore, it sounds like it could very well be a 10/10 port 40v1t. I don't get to go to NYC too often so I still haven't gotten a chance to record it (I did go twice this summer but I was too busy).
What happened when Napoleon went to Mt. Olive? Popeye got pissed.

http://www.youtube.com/thewoog34

Stevan Z
YouTube Username: ChicagoSirens

Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:56 am

thewoog34 wrote:
Mark N wrote:
carexpertandy wrote:I think there's a 40V2T at a church in New York. The 40V1T is supposed to be a single-toned version of the 40V2T basically, but I don't know if they've actually started selling any yet. The full name of it is the 40V1T-B by the way, the B meaning it's supposed to be able to operate on batteries.
It's actually on a Jewish school for religious purposes in NYC apparently. Thewoog34 knows about this better than I do.
I haven't been on this site in quite a while. I just came on today to see how things are going and saw this thread and here I am being mentioned. Glad you guys missed me :P

Anyways, I can't confirm that it is a 40v1t but, from what my uncle and several other people have told me, the siren on top of that school sounds like a Model 2. However, I did get to go into a building across the street from the school and look out the window only to see what looked like a cream-colored 40v2t. Plus, people online are complaining that the siren is deafening and that they want it shut off to comply with noise laws that the rest of the city has to follow. Therefore, it sounds like it could very well be a 10/10 port 40v1t. I don't get to go to NYC too often so I still haven't gotten a chance to record it (I did go twice this summer but I was too busy).
I hope you can film it soon!

Brendan Ahern

Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:24 am

im sure sentry can confirm what it is. Send Scott an email and ask. He's pretty accomodating.

Mark N
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:49 pm

Was looking at the Jewish school in NYC yesterday and found a white structure on the building. Our 40v1t perhaps? (Look north and slightly west on the building, sorry I couldn't get a good street view).
Attachments
image.jpg

thewoog34

Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:31 am

That's it! You can't see it from the street anyways.

I will shoot Scott an e-mail right now!

archangel_cpj

Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:05 pm

40V1T - B is not in production yet

thewoog34

Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:29 am

You can easily custom-order a 40v1t. It's not like Sentry would have to fabricate any new parts. Why a religious school would custom-order a siren is a mystery to me in the first place. That could be an argument for the siren being a regular 40v2t.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”