Model L
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: Egress
Discord: Egress.

Re: Siren photos from the Oregon and northern California coast (large photos!)

Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:00 pm

sadly, was unable to make it to pistol river, however, the SRNB EXISTS! as does the small 2 with very faded yellow paint. the 2001 even changed positions since the last time I saw it!
Resident of Beaverton, Oregon
Proud owner of 2 Model L's and a 1984 WS-3000 serial # 717
19 years old
want to chat? send me a request on discord: Egress.#7444 or DM me

Daniel

Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:11 am

By the way, I’ve never seen any sirens in Medford. As of a few months ago, there is a new Model 2 on Ashland’s main fire station (the old Fedelcode Model 5 was on the ground at the city shops), and four Modulators, one over the plaza and the others north of town. Talent has a Model 5 at the old fire hall. The STL-10 is long gone from the county fire station. Phoenix has a Model 2. White City has a Model 5 at the VA hospital and another one at a rural fire station west of town. Eagle Point has either a Sterling Model N or a CAM.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Model L
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: Egress
Discord: Egress.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:28 pm

normally when I'm in medford I go up to ashland. sorry if I confused you, but yeah to my knowledge there are no sirens in medford. 4 mods? I've only seen 2.
Resident of Beaverton, Oregon
Proud owner of 2 Model L's and a 1984 WS-3000 serial # 717
19 years old
want to chat? send me a request on discord: Egress.#7444 or DM me

DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:55 am

For anyone wondering about the siren in North Bend the city apparently took it down to send off to Sentry to be refurbished. Sentry posted a picture of one on their Facebook and Twitter that they were working on a while back. It and the one in Coos Bay were refurbished from what I understand. It's mounted by North Bend Middle/High School. From what I can tell both are late model Defenders. They have a rectangular motor cover, where the older ones had the one with the rounded top. Both are still active and tested. While Sentry discontinued the Defender they will directly and fully support them. That's something that you just don't get with really any other siren company.

That siren got a taste of what Hawaii's sirens go through. It looks like it seen better days.
Untitled123.png
Untitled123.png (164.11 KiB) Viewed 2871 times
I got the picture from this article: https://kcby.com/news/local/tsunami-ala ... c6dHMSdqWU

Streetview from 2018:
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”