Unit of Civil Defense

Re: Chrysler Air Raid Siren

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:01 pm

Brendan W wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:52 pm
It's atop the Army Records bldg. at Independence and Hardesty. I've seen it before as my uncle lives a little under a mile from it.
Well...no wonder I couldn't see it :oops: just a few miles off....next time I'm up that direction I'll take a look...thanks for clarifying that one.
Rheems1 wrote: I petition that everyone who joins the board should have to put there age or year of birth in thier signature...32 here
....Lifes great, I'm 58

Brendan W
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: Brendan Williamson
Discord: Brendan W.#7026

Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:59 pm

Unit of Civil Defense wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:01 pm
Brendan W wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:52 pm
It's atop the Army Records bldg. at Independence and Hardesty. I've seen it before as my uncle lives a little under a mile from it.
Well...no wonder I couldn't see it :oops: just a few miles off....next time I'm up that direction I'll take a look...thanks for clarifying that one.
No problem! It is a bit tricky to see from the ground. The most I ever saw of it was the top of the siren from Independence Ave. headed east. To my understanding you can get on the roof of the building, but I am not sure who to contact about that. Someone got up there earlier this year and got some great photos of it (Those are on the FB siren enthusiasts group. If I run across them I'll post them here)
24, and not dead yet.
Registered Skywarn spotter as of 4/29/18
Formerly TboltFan[/i]

ITSNOAH360
YouTube Username: ITSNOAH360

Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:28 am

I saw one in Charlottesville, Va this May and it looked like it was in pretty good shape, and I did ending up seeing it again in September and by the looks of it, it seems to have rotated quite a bit, although I was oblivious as to where the location of the siren was but I will find it out for you as soon as possible.

Brendan W
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: Brendan Williamson
Discord: Brendan W.#7026

Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:21 pm

Chalk me up as interested as far as Charlottesville goes. Federal told someone there was one in VA somewhere, and that most likely is it. Can you describe it a bit more, like how was it mounted, etc.?
24, and not dead yet.
Registered Skywarn spotter as of 4/29/18
Formerly TboltFan[/i]

ITSNOAH360

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:24 am

It was located on a building with a metal tower mount it was a little rusty and looked like it used to be colored green or blue, most likely green, it did not have any damage to the horns or housing and the Hemi engine was covered with a roof like metal housing, that's all I remember.

bigtuna7O
YouTube Username: Big Tuna

Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:27 am

ITSNOAH360 wrote:
It was located on a building with a metal tower mount it was a little rusty and looked like it used to be colored green or blue, most likely green, it did not have any damage to the horns or housing and the Hemi engine was covered with a roof like metal housing, that's all I remember.
Do you remember vaguely what part of town? Was it near something recognizable/memorable? Brick Building? Tall/average height building? I didn't know there was one in Charlottesville; this is intriguing.
My girlfriend does not understand this at all. Actually I really don't either.

ITSNOAH360

Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:53 am

bigtuna7O wrote:
ITSNOAH360 wrote:
Do you remember vaguely what part of town? Was it near something recognizable/memorable? Brick Building? Tall/average height building? I didn't know there was one in Charlottesville; this is intriguing.
I remember it was near some place called Aron St and yes there was a tall brick building with a white first floor.

ITSNOAH360

Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:56 am

bigtuna7O wrote:
ITSNOAH360 wrote:
[Edit] Sorry I meant Avon Street

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”