pineapple

YouTube Username: ThepineappleChanel

Siren replacement help.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:19 pm

I found out Gunter Texas's FS Thunderbolt 1000 It's going to be replaced by a T-128. That is a significant range loss, and I'm hoping to try and convince them to at least get two of them on different sides of the city. If you have any points that could help me, that would be appreciated :D

Greenrid

Re: Siren replacement help.

Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:12 pm

It unfortunately might not be possible to tell them to not take it down. It still very may be likely, just be careful about who you ask about it, and be prepared for your plan to backfire. They might have some good reasons why they want to take it down!
Proud owner of the FULL 508 siren map! https://rb.gy/bgjrm1

Hoping to get some sirens in the future...

JeroenTheEnthusiast

Re: Siren replacement help.

Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:32 pm

pineapple wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:19 pm
I found out Gunter Texas's FS Thunderbolt 1000 It's going to be replaced by a T-128. That is a significant range loss, and I'm hoping to try and convince them to at least get two of them on different sides of the city. If you have any points that could help me, that would be appreciated :D
It is possible that you could take the T-Bolt after it gets removed. But i agree with greenrid, there is tons of reasons they could be removing it. For example it could help the city save money on repair bills because usually older mechanical rotating sirens like Thunderbolts start to wear down after a while, Especially the blower. The siren also could also be taken down because the siren could be on its last legs. The T-128 is still literally the same amount of decibels as the Thunderbolt 1000 because a Thunderbolt 1000 is 130 DB with its blower on and a T-128 is 129.9 DB. There is not that much of a difference in decibels or range loss.
Siren Enthusiast who owns a Vixen horns air raid siren with a Mini ACA Cyclone 125, a Mini ACA Screamer, And a Mini 2t22. I Also Have a very unhealthy obsession with Traffic lights.

|| = [ ]
||
||-||
||-||
||_____
||===||

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”