-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: kx250racer

Re: Welcome back to ARS!

Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:11 pm

Happy to see the board is here, looking strong as ever! Thank you Matt and all others who keep up the effort!!!

Charles
Yes, that's a real 500-lb Federal SD-10 I'm holding (braggart!)

LukeH

Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:39 am

Extremely big thank you for including the "new" style display preferences. The "dark" theme is a godsend on my android. I was in a bit of a panic when I saw the old theme this morning, it's better on a PC but needs to be constantly zoomed in and out on my phone.
Resident Historian
Denver Siren Expert
Michigan

CrazyCalvinWilliams
YouTube Username: CrazyCalvinWilliams

Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:12 pm

I love the "new" layout lol. It took me a few minutes to get used to the old theme again as I had gotten used to the new one but I like this much better. Long live Aluminoid!

FahmiRBLX
YouTube Username: FahmiRBLX

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:45 pm

Aluminoid... Hmm... Since I joined ARS around late 2016 or early 2017, I was used to the TSB UI but still, Aluminoid, from a rather new member's perspective, reminds me on some good ol' stuff. Remember older websites? Looks alike, good to symbolise the good ol' days when sirens we all love, Thunderbolts, EOWSs, Penetrators, etc.

Hawaiki-Dark is basically good for eyes if viewing the Board in total darkness, such as viewing ARS on an iMac and your only light source is the display's backlight, or viewing the Board, Alan Walker style; venturing into any place, doing things, etc.

And I got a suggestion : What about improving the Forum by adding the Feature Phone mode? (Currently phones like mine uses the Smartphone view) This will do things such as simplify most of the UIs so less loadings take place, when On. Anyone could PM me on more information regarding the Nokia Feature mode. The text box here has a 1024 Characters limit, telling any further will not fit here.
A Muslim Malaysian, a siren & aviation enthusiast, and gamer.

Mini Mobil Directo Project
Sirens in Malaysia Thread

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:38 pm

FahmiRBLX wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:45 pm
And I got a suggestion : What about improving the Forum by adding the Feature Phone mode? (Currently phones like mine uses the Smartphone view) This will do things such as simplify most of the UIs so less loadings take place, when On. Anyone could PM me on more information regarding the Nokia Feature mode. The text box here has a 1024 Characters limit, telling any further will not fit here.
You're referring to responsive web design. All of our themes have this integrated, except Aluminoid. Aluminoid is literally an old template that has been updated for the latest version of phpBB. It's on the agenda to be re-written in a more modern friendly design template. ETA for this isn't really known, but what we have right now shouldn't bring anyone issues. If they do, they need to contact us so we can help solve the issue.
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:07 pm

May I suggest an Edit? On the main screen you come to when you type in airraidsirens.net, it says 'The Siren Board', formerly airraidsirens.com. I'd suggest that be fixed to fit with the new URL.
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:23 pm

Phone Goat wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:07 pm
May I suggest an Edit? On the main screen you come to when you type in airraidsirens.net, it says 'The Siren Board', formerly airraidsirens.com. I'd suggest that be fixed to fit with the new URL.
I'm aware of this. However, the homepage is one of the last things on the list to do right now. It's totally fine for now and does what it's supposed to do.
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”