Matt
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome back to ARS!

Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:09 am

Welcome back to ARS!

We are now operating again under the ARS namespace as www.airraidsirens.net. Unfortunately we can no longer continue to use .com due to circumstances, so airraidsirens.net will be our new home.

In addition to the new domain, we are now offering two classic styles that you can choose from via the board preferences setting in the profile section. Both of these themes were created from the ground up by Tyler, so be sure to give him some love.

The first theme is Aluminoid, which was the ARS theme used between 2006 and 2013 (formerly on airraidsirens.com). The second theme is called warningsirens.org, commonly referred to as "The Brown Board". Both of these themes are being maintained by Tyler, so feel free to PM him if you notice anything amiss. To be backwards compatible with TSB, we are still offering Hawaiki-Dark for those who wish to use thesirenboard.com's theme.

Also, while this may be a shocking change to some of you, we are planning to re-add the karma system back to the board. The key difference is the actual data on who specifically applauded or smited as member will only be shown to moderators. Otherwise, your score will be a representation of your posting habits based on member's discretion. Good luck!

We've also setup a few email addresses (Thanks Charlie!) so you can get in touch with the team, in case you need to contact someone outside of the board:

Board Moderators - [email protected]
Discord Moderators - [email protected]
Technical Staff - [email protected]

If you all have any questions, please feel free to let us know. Happy posting!
videogamer
Matt Ullman

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Re: Welcome back to ARS!

Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:03 am

While this change caught me off guard it's kinda cool to see Aluminoid back (I still remember when I lurked the forums...) also could you explain abo0ut that karma system thing? I DO remember the Like button but that karma thing is news to me.
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:39 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:09 am
The first theme is Aluminoid, which was the ARS theme used between 2006 and 2013 (formerly on airraidsirens.com). The second theme is called warningsirens.org, commonly referred to as "The Brown Board". Both of these themes are being maintained by Tyler, so feel free to PM him if you notice anything amiss. To be backwards compatible with TSB, we are still offering Hawaiki-Dark for those who wish to use thesirenboard.com's theme.

If you all have any questions, please feel free to let us know. Happy posting!
It's very nice to see these two classic themes back in ARS again! Very nice work.
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

Captain Dynamite
Premium Member
Premium Member

Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:30 am

Well this is a change! I feel like I have gone back in time to the early days of when I was on The Siren Board!

I not really keen on seeing the Karma System again though.

Last time it was around it segregated members by popularity.
Darley Champion wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:03 am
While this change caught me off guard it's kinda cool to see Aluminoid back (I still remember when I lurked the forums...) also could you explain abo0ut that karma system thing? I DO remember the Like button but that karma thing is news to me.
The Karma system was a tool where users would applaud & smite others depending on what they post. The Karma would either be added or subtracted. Its default was at 0. Then depending on how you post it would go between -1, +1 & so on.

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:07 pm

I like this change, certainly different. Looking forward to seeing what cool features this design has. Plus, kudos to Tyler, who somehow managed to keep this archived/
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

Chicagosiren-hunters
YouTube Username: Midwest Siren Productions
Discord: MegaSparkMach.3

Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:52 pm

I can't even describe the smile on my face when I saw Aluminoid and the domain name back! I welcome the change with open arms; keep up the good work, Matt! :)

EDIT: Has anybody else been experiencing problems seeing certain images? Heres an example below:
Attachments
example.png
example.png (55.78 KiB) Viewed 5916 times
Last edited by Chicagosiren-hunters on Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of a Fedelcode Mach. 3 (dual rotor), Model 2, 3 A’s, 2 D’s, J, 76A, Interstate Machines F, Sparton 35, & Darley C987
>>> Track Forward >>>
25, engineer, and has an affinity for old sirens!

Brendan W
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: Brendan Williamson
Discord: Brendan W.#7026

Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:53 pm

This is beyond cool. You all responsible for making this really outdid yourselves. It's like being reintroduced to an old friend after so long.
24, and not dead yet.
Registered Skywarn spotter as of 4/29/18
Formerly TboltFan[/i]

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:58 pm

@Chicago
Yes I'm experiencing the same issues, just a theory: it seems the Attachment still point to the former domain (can an admin confirm or infirm please?)
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:34 pm

I'll try uploading my photo elsewhere and posting it on here .
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

Matt
Administrator
Administrator

Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:43 pm

Chicagosiren-hunters wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:52 pm
I can't even describe the smile on my face when I saw Aluminoid and the domain name back! I welcome the change with open arms; keep up the good work, Matt! :)

EDIT: Has anybody else been experiencing problems seeing certain images? Heres an example below:
Should be fixed, forgot to do an attachments sync. Can you confirm on your end?
videogamer
Matt Ullman

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”