coastalsyrolover

Lion king model 2 ripoff question

Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:41 am

Has anyone bought one? I know it won’t be as durable as a FS one but I thought it would be neat to get my hands on one. Any comments or n lion king themselves? Thanks.
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Re: Lion king model 2 ripoff question

Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:05 pm

They sound horrible, even during official tests. Whatever they used for the motor components are not exactly meant to be used for a motor.
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

FahmiRBLX
YouTube Username: FahmiRBLX

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:11 am

Ditto with Alfie. Unless you'd like to do some research or fun, you'd better get an original Model 2 Federal Signal made rather than a counterfeit. I once have a fake Nokia 3310 (The one I have right now is the original) (But now lost at the ironing room of my hostel [Fake one] when charging there; there's plenty of sockets thanks to a number of decommisioned irons) and yes, it performed very poorly against the original. Loudspeakers aren't loud enough (One of the reasons is the speaker and the speaker hole at the cover is not alligned), small FoV camera, lacking proper sleep mode (Original one will sleep with its Glance Screen showing clock & notifications while fake will show the whole home exept "Camera" & "Menu", just "Unlock") & hard control scheme (e.g Music Volume. On the original, users use Up, Down & *, # to control it, fakes uses only *, #). Moreover, it stands a short battery life (Standby for about 2 days, usage for 4-6 hours?). I might tell more in the next post, I'm almost out of characters.
A Muslim Malaysian, a siren & aviation enthusiast, and gamer.

Mini Mobil Directo Project
Sirens in Malaysia Thread

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:26 pm

Errr... I never seen one so if you want to try it for kicks and giggles yeah sure go ahead but you're on your own, usually I'd say Chinese copies are of "questionable" quality but it's not always the case.

Alfie do you have by any chance the link to the video where you can hear one of these?
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:29 pm

Darley Champion wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:26 pm
Errr... I never seen one so if you want to try it for kicks and giggles yeah sure go ahead but you're on your own, usually I'd say Chinese copies are of "questionable" quality but it's not always the case.

Alfie do you have by any chance the link to the video where you can hear one of these?
One's by the saled rep who's female. I forget her name but she has promo videos of LK's sirens. The other was a video in Russia where LK people were demonstrating giant voice systems, one of their dual head sirens, the Model 2, and the reverse engineered 2001. I saw that video on the board and I have zero clue as towhere that post is or how many pages back it could be.
What I can tell you is that the Model 2 knockoff sounds like a 2-120 and the pitch is all over the place.
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Just found one showing the LK-m2 in action, I think I'm close to find another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbGfQjjb0qw

All of a sudden I feel like I really want or at least would really like to, very badly to get my hands on this copy (long story short me and a friend nearly got a siren each but the company that was supposed to let us pick up two sirens (one each remember...) went bankrupt before we had the opportunity to salvage at least somethin' and pretty much junked the sirens they had in storage.. /a slice of my life) and because I like tearing down Chinese bootlegs to see how well they're built.

Even tho it sounds like it's a 120V model if I can find a 240V one I'll jump surely on the opportunity (shipping's goin' ta' be a killer... :()
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”