fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

ARS Mentioned in a DHS Report about Outdoor Warning Sirens!

Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:49 pm

Just thought this would be an interesting thing to note:

This forum was frequently mentioned in a report done by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in March 2015, which was a market survey report done by the agency that evaluated the type of sirens on the market and compiled a list of siren types.

Taking a look at one of the photos in the introduction, I noticed a picture from this forum on there. Taking a closer look, I noticed ARS is credited in the photo credit!!!

I just thought that it was really cool that even government agencies value the information on this board and our interest in sirens. Makes me feel a little less odd when I have to explain this hobby to new people I meet constantly.

Here's the screenshot on Page 1 of the Introduction. It shows a Federal Signal Model 5 siren; which is obviously no longer made.

Also interesting to note, in the 'Technology overview' section, the report erroneously refers to "pneumatic sirens" when they're actually describing "electro-mechanical sirens."
Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 4.36.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 4.36.36 PM.png (155.96 KiB) Viewed 1574 times
Here's the full link to the report if anyone's interested in reading the entire thing.

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files ... 15-508.pdf
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”