Stag
YouTube Username: Spaghetti Jay

Re: Question about Richland MO EOWS 612s

Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:12 am

metalstorm wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:46 pm
There are 3 612s in their system if memory serves. They are numbered on their control boxes. Waynesville has or had a couple in their sytem as well.
There's a 2001 on Airport Road in Richland that could have replaced the 3rd one, can't view it on Google maps so I can't give a definite answer.
Stormsetter4 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:27 pm
Waynesville's are abandoned in place, they quit using them a a couple years ago after a few of them got destroyed by lightning.
That's too bad! Would still be very cool to see in person, I wonder if they'd display that 'weathervane' effect a lot of abandoned rotational sirens do. That'd be creepy to see in person.
Whenever I hear about sirens abandoned in place it makes me wish I was the private owner of a crane, so to negate the cost of having it removed and just offer to buy up all the old ones myself lol.
sincerely yours, a weird siren obsessed deer 🦌

metalstorm
YouTube Username: metalstorm1217

Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:26 am

Did Waynesville put in new sirens or did they just give up on the idea of sirens after letting the 612s rot?

Stag

Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:46 pm

metalstorm wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:26 am
Did Waynesville put in new sirens or did they just give up on the idea of sirens after letting the 612s rot?
Tried to check on Google Maps but Waynesville in particular is very outdated with all images being from 2008, hopefully someone else knows because I'm very interested to know too whether or not there's a new system in place

uncommonsense

Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:54 pm

Waynesville deactivated their system in 2014 and replaced it with Code Red. If you Google Waynesville, MO sirens you can find a Facebook post from the Pulaski County Daily News announcing that. I unfortunately can't share it at the moment.

I had originally thought Waynesville had 2001s but on second check the 2001 I thought was in Waynesville was actually in St. Robert.

Jackson95

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:58 pm

uncommonsense wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:54 pm
Waynesville deactivated their system in 2014 and replaced it with Code Red. If you Google Waynesville, MO sirens you can find a Facebook post from the Pulaski County Daily News announcing that. I unfortunately can't share it at the moment.

I had originally thought Waynesville had 2001s but on second check the 2001 I thought was in Waynesville was actually in St. Robert.
what is Code Red?
Just your average 14 year old Siren kid from O'Fallon. Living in a town with a mix of sirens.

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:07 pm

Phone operated warning system. I believe people merely subscribe to it, meaning the less informed will know nothing about the replacement of sirens everyone can hear regardless of subscription.
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

Jackson95

Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:10 pm

Chem_Boffin_6589 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:07 pm
Phone operated warning system. I believe people merely subscribe to it, meaning the less informed will know nothing about the replacement of sirens everyone can hear regardless of subscription.
Ok thanks
Just your average 14 year old Siren kid from O'Fallon. Living in a town with a mix of sirens.

Stag

Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:46 pm

Big bump incoming, I recently got to visit Richland for the first time on a road trip. This place is of pretty big interest to me for a lot of reasons, it's really a gorgeous town set in a much more hilly and mountainous region than I'm used to seeing in MO. It seems very peaceful and has a lot more to it than I was expecting (mistakenly thought it would be one of those tiny 'nothing' towns you see on the highways). My partner helped me locate the sirens in the system as we drove through and we happened past the elusive 3rd one by chance mostly.
There are 3 of them and no, the 3rd one actually has not been replaced like I speculated, it just hadn't been marked on the map I was referencing.
It appears to be healthy and functional and I got some pretty cool photos. Definitely planning to record this system sometime in the future. This was my first time seeing EOWS sirens in person and the 612s are uncannily large, seems like their weight was causing the poles to all slightly tilt.

I was careful with this one as it's very residential. Imagine living in one of those houses lol. This is #3 in the system

SentryDefender1275
YouTube Username: AmericanSirenProductions

Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:31 am

I’m sorry for the bump but I was wondering where that 3rd EOWS 612 is?
Instead of screaming swag and drinking, I go film sirens #americansirenproductions

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”