Canlee99
New User

Old Siren Locations???

Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:18 pm

Hi everyone. I just signed up here because my 7 y/o son is super into sirens. He found some siren "graveyard" videos on youtube and has been researching his little heart out trying to find locations. Does anyone have any locations of old sirens (what he calls siren graveyards) in Nebraska or surrounding states? He's been look for the location of one in the Wichita, KS area. Any feedback/locations would be greatly appreciated and make a 7 y/o's day/week/year! Thanks!!!

FSThunderboltfan1000
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: FSThunderboltfan1000

Re: Old Siren Locations???

Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:11 am

Well, unfortunately, the siren graveyard in Wichita, KS is no longer there it was a temporary site for storing the sirens the EMA then moved the location of the sirens. I do not believe that there are any siren graveyards near Nebraska. The one main graveyard that everyone knows about is West Shore Services in Allendale Michigan. They are the Federal Signal representative for Michigan and a lot of the other parts of the US. I heard recently that they are not so big on the tours any more though. Although if you are a serious buyer looking for a used siren I think they may let you come look around. Hope this helps.

Also I know how frustrating it is to look on google maps for siren locations so here is the link to the site in Wichita where they used to keep the old ones: https://www.google.com/maps/@37.7813512 ... 6656?hl=en
Proud owner of rcm1, model 2,2T,Model A, Thunderbolt 1003, AF timer, FS SS1000, 500SHST
Wisconsin siren services
https://www.swssirens.com

LukeH

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:02 am

You can also try typing "siren" into the face book market place and max your search area. I found an stl10 and a model 5 last night.
Resident Historian
Denver Siren Expert
Michigan

Cemoman17

YouTube Username: Cemoman17

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:17 am

Look into "Blue Valley Public Safety" in Kansas City. They buy and sell old sirens to communities and have a yard full of old sirens from the Kansas city area. If he's just trying to look at the sirens and get up close and personal I'm sure there's someone there kind enough to let you check out the yard.

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:30 pm

Blue Valley got rid of the contents of their yard years ago and scrap the sirens they take in, to my knowledge.
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”