Tally Ho

Model 5 Help

Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:40 am

Hello, I'm going to be picking up a Federal Model 5B this Saturday which will be my first siren! What are some things I should look out for? How much does this thing weigh, like can two grown men pick it up and move it? Just looking for some general tips for when I get the siren. Also, this siren comes without the shroud, so how tall is it not including the housing holder support thing because that part will be removed when we're picking it up. Thanks!

ITSNOAH360
YouTube Username: ITSNOAH360

Re: Model 5 Help

Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:28 am

Tally Ho wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:40 am
Hello, I'm going to be picking up a Federal Model 5B this Saturday which will be my first siren! What are some things I should look out for? How much does this thing weigh, like can two grown men pick it up and move it? Just looking for some general tips for when I get the siren. Also, this siren comes without the shroud, so how tall is it not including the housing holder support thing because that part will be removed when we're picking it up. Thanks!
If you are going to pick it up without using the eye bolt, and using two men I think you should take the shroud off then pick it up. But, I recommend that you at least use 3 people to pick the siren up because Model 5's at least way 350 Lb's. Then put the shroud in the back of a Van or Truck then drive it to the designated resting place, carefully pick it up with 2 or more people and set it down wherever you wan't it. If you are going to put it on a pole, tower or roof, you are going to need some type of crane or tractor.
I am a proud owner of a FS Model A & 2 Thor Guard Lightning Siren Horns

Here you can view my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmDjo ... X099AYliLQ

They call me the king of Thor Guards.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”