FirenadoEAS
YouTube Username: FireCyclone
Discord: FireCyclone#4350

Madison, Wisconsin Getting 4 New Sirens

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:01 am

I’m probably one of the first people to know this, but the City of Madison, Wisconsin (where I practically live) is getting 4 new ASC Sirens, and according to the Dane County Emergency Management Agency, the four sirens will be located in these locations: 1. Near the new water tower at 10451 Old Sauk Road, 2. On Autumn Lake Parkway between Leviton Lane and Golden Dusk Parkway. 3. Adjacent to the Kennedy Little League Baseball Complex (near I39-90 and I94). 4. Behind the new Dairy Drive Fire Station. Sirens 1-3 are to cover new areas, and siren 4 will improve coverage in the area. I’m guessing sirens 1-3 are gonna be T-128’s and siren No. 4 will be a T-121. (How I know these will be ASC Sirens: Dane County renewed their contract with ASC less than 3 years ago.)

The four new sirens will add a total of 140 sirens in the Dane County System.

Please notify me in this topic if there is more info or I missed something.
Your Siren Enthusiast from South Central Wisconsin. Proud owner of siren blueprints.

fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Re: Madison, Wisconsin Getting 4 New Sirens

Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:41 am

FirenadoEAS wrote:
I’m probably one of the first people to know this, but the City of Madison, Wisconsin (where I practically live) is getting 4 new ASC Sirens, and according to the Dane County Emergency Management Agency, the four sirens will be located in these locations: 1. Near the new water tower at 10451 Old Sauk Road, 2. On Autumn Lake Parkway between Leviton Lane and Golden Dusk Parkway. 3. Adjacent to the Kennedy Little League Baseball Complex (near I39-90 and I94). 4. Behind the new Dairy Drive Fire Station. Sirens 1-3 are to cover new areas, and siren 4 will improve coverage in the area. I’m guessing sirens 1-3 are gonna be T-128’s and siren No. 4 will be a T-121. (How I know these will be ASC Sirens: Dane County renewed their contract with ASC less than 3 years ago.)

I thought for sure they had went all Federal Signal after being all ASC for awhile initially. Guess they switched again...either that or I’m an idiot, lol.
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

FSThunderboltfan1000
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: FSThunderboltfan1000

Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:11 am

fire_freak_57 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:41 am
FirenadoEAS wrote:

I thought for sure they had went all Federal Signal after being all ASC for awhile initially. Guess they switched again...either that or I’m an idiot, lol.
Every time Dane County purchase's sirens they bid it out whoever is cheapest, that's who they go with. This is the reason why it seems like they are switching so often it is not because they prefer one over the other. Also, Dane County does not have a contract with anyone to supply sirens over long periods of time they only have contracts made after the bidding is done and someone wins there is no 3-year long contract to provide sirens. The one contract they do have that is time-based is every year they bid out contractors to come and provide system maintenance.
Last edited by FSThunderboltfan1000 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of rcm1, model 2,2T,Model A, Thunderbolt 1003, AF timer, FS SS1000, 500SHST
Wisconsin siren services
https://www.swssirens.com

JMAN
YouTube Username: JMAN.WiS&S
Discord: @JMAN.WiS&S#2001

Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:18 am

All 4 new units are T-128s
Owner of a Federal Signal 2001-DC & B9

YouTube: https://youtube.com/c/JMANWiSS
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/people/99160587@N07/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jman.wissotas ... als/?hl=en