nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Re: ACA Allertor 125 Questions

Wed May 08, 2019 4:21 pm

I'm really liking the amount of effort that is being put into this project. You're really set on fixing this problem, and I think that's wonderful to see. Kudos to you.
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

FSThunderboltfan1000
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: FSThunderboltfan1000

Thu May 09, 2019 9:24 pm

fire_freak_57 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:10 pm
Stormsetter4 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 2:00 pm
Set commander up to send out an extra DTMF string in addition to the existing activation protocol and I'll throw a radio in with the sirens, that way you don't have to deal with the DCFC.
I actually heard back from Knox Township today and heard they paid $3600 a siren to C&K Early Warning Systems for their new Sentry’s...that’s something that I’d propose to the Village as not only is Sentry probably the best manufacturer in the industry at the moment (in my personal opinion anyways), but their prices are also extremely reasonable and their sirens are quality built and built to last. The trustee also said:

“Once more my hats are off to you, and any others who had such a bold plan to keep so many safe, and I do hope somewhere down the road you will formulate a plan to assist the program now in place in Richfield. Never be afraid to look outside the box as I feel you have done, but always keep close to your roots, and always look at the financial events that may surround the avenue you wish to travel. Best of Luck!!”

I know a Village Councilmember who goes to my church, so I might grab him at a free moment and explain to him our plan and I’ll mention C&K/Sentry Siren if I can catch him at a free moment.

Another option would be to put an older 2001 up as well; either of those two options would probably be the most cost effective and get the most out of our money at this point.
As a Sentry Dealer, I can tell you right now that that is not what they paid per siren try a couple grand more.
Proud owner of rcm1, model 2,2T,Model A, Thunderbolt 1003, AF timer, FS SS1000, 500SHST
Wisconsin siren services
https://www.swssirens.com

fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Thu May 09, 2019 9:43 pm

FSThunderboltfan1000 wrote:
fire_freak_57 wrote:
Stormsetter4 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 2:00 pm
Set commander up to send out an extra DTMF string in addition to the existing activation protocol and I'll throw a radio in with the sirens, that way you don't have to deal with the DCFC.
I actually heard back from Knox Township today and heard they paid $3600 a siren to C&K Early Warning Systems for their new Sentry’s...that’s something that I’d propose to the Village as not only is Sentry probably the best manufacturer in the industry at the moment (in my personal opinion anyways), but their prices are also extremely reasonable and their sirens are quality built and built to last. The trustee also said:

“Once more my hats are off to you, and any others who had such a bold plan to keep so many safe, and I do hope somewhere down the road you will formulate a plan to assist the program now in place in Richfield. Never be afraid to look outside the box as I feel you have done, but always keep close to your roots, and always look at the financial events that may surround the avenue you wish to travel. Best of Luck!!”

I know a Village Councilmember who goes to my church, so I might grab him at a free moment and explain to him our plan and I’ll mention C&K/Sentry Siren if I can catch him at a free moment.

Another option would be to put an older 2001 up as well; either of those two options would probably be the most cost effective and get the most out of our money at this point.
As a Sentry Dealer, I can tell you right now that that is not what they paid per siren try a couple grand more.
Not sure, that price is probably what they paid per site after getting Ohio EMA grants
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

Jackson95

Fri May 10, 2019 11:49 pm

fire_freak_57 wrote:
fire_freak_57 wrote:

Not sure, that price is probably what they paid per site after getting Ohio EMA grants
I mean this might sound odd, but you could try and buy the remains of the allertors from the city if they are still there and get a new shroud has the stators still look intact.
Just your average 14 year old Siren kid from O'Fallon. Living in a town with a mix of sirens.

fire_freak_57

Sat May 11, 2019 1:44 am

Jackson95 wrote:
fire_freak_57 wrote:

I mean this might sound odd, but you could try and buy the remains of the allertors from the city if they are still there and get a new shroud has the stators still look intact.
Can't do that; they already said they can't sell the sirens to anyone; refer to the message from the trustee.
sirenfreak57

Jackson95

Sat May 11, 2019 2:25 am

fire_freak_57 wrote:
Jackson95 wrote:
fire_freak_57 wrote:

Can't do that; they already said they can't sell the sirens to anyone; refer to the message from the trustee.
Ok, then I'd recomend trying to get your hands on the DC thats inactive, and go down to west shore services and see about getting sirens and controls from there.
Just your average 14 year old Siren kid from O'Fallon. Living in a town with a mix of sirens.

fire_freak_57

Sun May 12, 2019 12:01 am

Jackson95 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 2:25 am
fire_freak_57 wrote:
Jackson95 wrote:

Ok, then I'd recomend trying to get your hands on the DC thats inactive, and go down to west shore services and see about getting sirens and controls from there.
Why would I go to WSS if I have a Federal Signal dealer an hour and a half away in Wauseon? I appreciate the suggestion however.
sirenfreak57

Jake_7367
Discord: Keigo#2002

Wed May 15, 2019 11:56 am

The allertors work fine, why replace them?
I love Yamaha Music Sirens.
Twitter: Yamaha and Matsush¡ta Enthusiast (@Matsush¡taMan) (replace ¡ with i)

fire_freak_57

Wed May 15, 2019 12:56 pm

Jake_7367 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:56 am
The allertors work fine, why replace them?
The trustee’s response which I already posted above in this topic sheds some light on why, but here’s also what he said in a second response back to us:
I'm curious how you two were going to provide financial assistance for the sirens if you had got them from Knox Twp. Reason being is that for $3600 you can purchase a new 5 hp siren 100% maintenance free, with a three year warranty from C and K sirens. When we had to rebuild one of those Allertor 125.s we spent over $7000 just for the motor. And that is why we continued to find grant money to support the birth of new sirens. I feel that your plan is very bold, and acknowledge your persistence to the safety of your community, my hats off to that, but realistically I think you should take a step back, and try to get as much bang for your buck when it comes to refurbished vs new. I'm no professional in the siren business, but we have made our share of failures in the process, and unfortunately that is how you learn
Hope this helps to answer your question.
sirenfreak57

uncommonsense

Wed May 15, 2019 1:17 pm

Might I remind everyone the OP is here looking for professional advice. This is not a topic for questioning the motives of others or trying to give impractical, basic ideas.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”