Snowcube
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: lumex

single tone allertors

Mon May 27, 2019 3:58 am

So as everyone knows the only two known single tone allertors were installed in Hoffman Estates, IL. They were 15HP, 8 port models. I'm just wondering if these are the only two that are confirmed to exist. I heard somewhere that an ACA employee had said that they were the only single tone allertors ever made. I'd just like to know if anyone has discovered another single tone allertor besides those two. From what I know a 12 port single tone version was offered along with 8 port. There's lots of Allertors in the country that have never been recorded and so I would think there's a chance that there's another one out there somewhere.
I have an unhealthy obsession with mini sirens.
Thingiverse page

Allenorgan42099

Re: single tone allertors

Mon May 27, 2019 4:40 am

From what I’m told, those 2 “Allertors” in Hoffman Estates were actually P-15s with Allertor shrouds. I believe Charlie Davidson owns one of them now. I have heard rumors that there was a single-tone 12-port Allertor offered at one time too, but I’ve seen no evidence of it. The only single-tone Allertors I’ve ever seen were the ones in HI I believe.

Snowcube
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: lumex

Mon May 27, 2019 2:01 pm

Allenorgan42099 wrote:
From what I’m told, those 2 “Allertors” in Hoffman Estates were actually P-15s with Allertor shrouds. I believe Charlie Davidson owns one of them now. I have heard rumors that there was a single-tone 12-port Allertor offered at one time too, but I’ve seen no evidence of it. The only single-tone Allertors I’ve ever seen were the ones in HI I believe.
It was in the Allertor catalog, it was listed as "special single tone" 698hz. Someone posted a picture of it here, I'll see if I can find it. If they did make it I would think that they would have just put a 12 port Super banshee rotor in it.
I have an unhealthy obsession with mini sirens.
Thingiverse page

fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Mon May 27, 2019 2:23 pm

Allenorgan42099 wrote:
Actually those were Allertors...ACA always offered a single tone option but it had to be custom ordered and requested. After the P-15 became single tone only the option was dropped. And I’m not aware that Hawaii had any Allertors...unless that “HI” stands for something else...
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Mon May 27, 2019 3:02 pm

fire_freak_57 wrote:
Allenorgan42099 wrote:
Actually those were Allertors...ACA always offered a single tone option but it had to be custom ordered and requested. After the P-15 became single tone only the option was dropped. And I’m not aware that Hawaii had any Allertors...unless that “HI” stands for something else...
I think it was meant to be HE for Hoffman Estates, as those are the only instances of them existing. Not too sure how the P-15 becoming single tone only would govern the Allertor's tone options, especially as it is (in theory) as simple as bolting a different shroud on it to make it a different model.
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Mon May 27, 2019 4:29 pm

Chem_Boffin_6589 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 3:02 pm
fire_freak_57 wrote:
Allenorgan42099 wrote:
I think it was meant to be HE for Hoffman Estates, as those are the only instances of them existing. Not too sure how the P-15 becoming single tone only would govern the Allertor's tone options, especially as it is (in theory) as simple as bolting a different shroud on it to make it a different model.
No I meant like the option to go single tone on the sirens dropped after ACA stopped producing dual tone sirens entirely minus the Cyclone and P-50 (but those two were always dual toned). Well it’s a bit different than simply a new shroud as an Allertor has a 10 HP motor whilst the P-15 has a 15 HP motor but to my understanding all of the other internals are the same
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

Jared H
YouTube Username: The Siren Seekers
Discord: shodowhater#1003

Mon May 27, 2019 8:35 pm

Allernorgan is correct, Jeb confirmed that Hoffman Estates’ Allertors were P-15s in Allertor shrouds.
------------------------------
Apparently the chat room is haunted... -VASirens 2015
Friendly Neighborhood Thunderboltologist, if such a thing exists.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”