The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:52 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Hey.

New users and users on probation have to have their posts approved by a moderator. All posts to the wanted and for sale subforums also have to be approved by a moderator.

Right now we've had a large influx of spam bots. We keep you from seeing their posts by disapproving their posts (since the spam bots appear as new users) before you ever see them. This isn't an issue when there's a spam post now or then but recently we've seen a large uptick in spam bots trying to post. As such we have had to batch disapprove many of these posts.

I'm getting nervous we might accidentally miss a legitimate post when we're batch disapproving spam bots. Every time a post that needs approval is disapproved, you will get a message with an explanation as to why it was disapproved. If you get a notification that a legitimate post was disapproved for the reason "Spam," that would be an error on our part. While we won't be able to retrieve the message, if this happens to you, please PM me so we can be better on the look out for your posts.

Hopefully this won't be an issue but I wanted to preempt any problems we might have. Thanks.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]