coastalsyrolover

Re: SIRENCON 2021 - AUGUST 28 - BE THERE!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:58 am

So I am a truck driver now and I may actually be able to come to this!!! But here is the catch: I won’t be able to bring either of my sirens... (one of them doesn’t have a blower and the other I’m a bit nervous to run anyways considering she has some light warping...)
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

RedArrowFan1466
YouTube Username: Carsen Joseph Culpitt

Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:21 am

Definitely going this year and hopefully go a little bed earlier like last year, I nearly went off road couple times on the way home from not sleeping long enough on saturday night....
HERES MY CHANNEL --->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvl5h9 ... DTdW1GBwYA SUBSCRIBE!

"Not all who wander are lost...But some are just Siren Enthusiasts"

:lol: Proud owner of 200+ farm toys :lol:

Josh_S
YouTube Username: WI Fox Valley Lifts and Alarms

Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:29 am

Update!
Here is the map for the event this year. It would appear we have one cabin for use, the cabin has three sleeping areas and houses 16. Please bring your sleeping bag/blanket and pillow along with the other necessities. Upon arrival you can request indoor lodging and we will accommodate you at that point, we still encourage tent camping at all costs! It’s just more fun!

The next update will include a pre-registration form that you should fill out whether or not you know for sure you are going so I am prepared for the worst. Thanks all!
Map: https://flic.kr/p/2kV3Jeq
Proud owner of a ATI HPSS16R, a Whelen Hornet, and an ASC T-128ACDC

sprinklers phones

Sun May 02, 2021 8:24 pm

If I come, I could bring all my Tbolts

Fri May 07, 2021 6:02 pm

If COVID-19 is gone by then, Yes I might be there

TheSirenFan
YouTube Username: MasenMonster

Tue May 18, 2021 10:35 pm

I may or may not come. I seriously hope I can though!

Josh_S

Tue May 25, 2021 1:44 am

Update!
If you are attending, or possibly attending please take the time to fill out this form!! This is your no obligation RSVP. Thanks!
https://forms.gle/7TahpvZMg8xMAMTC8

Josh_S

Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:11 am

Final Official Update!!!! Please follow the RSVP instructions below by July 15th if you would like to go! Thanks!
“ SirenCon 2021 is an annual meetup of siren enthusiasts from across the US. This is a FREE event located at Tesomas Scout Camp in Rhinelander, WI, this event is one of few held each year that brings all of us together for quite an interesting shared hobby - and this year's event is looking to be the biggest yet of its kind! We have a wide variety of sirens that enthusiasts are bringing this year, and the list keeps growing! All are welcome to join, just remember RSVPs are due July 15th, 2021. There will be instructions on how to RSVP officially below. Here is what you need to know.
Dates: SirenCon 2021 will be held Saturday August 28th, and continues through Sunday August 29th for those who wish to spend the night or come back for day 2. Registration opens at 11AM on Saturday for those staying overnight. If you do not have a siren, and you are only staying for the day on Saturday or spending the night elsewhere it is still suggested to arrive no later than 11:30AM. All siren enthusiasts bringing sirens MUST arrive by 11AM to check in their equipment and receive a place in the line-up. If you are a siren enthusiast who has offered to come on Friday to aid in setup, you will register Friday upon your arrival. Spending the Night: If you plan to stay overnight on the grounds Saturday night (or Friday if you have arrived early to aid in setup) you will be assigned a campsite/cabin/lodge. Please note, lodge camping is first come first serve, there is no fee for lodge camping. Tent camping is preferred, there is no fee for tent camping. We do ask that you bring your own tent! There will be three main campsites available. If you would like a Cabin or you have brought an RV to camp overnight please note the camp charges a $20 fee for this.
Transportation is to be provided by you unless arranged prior.

Itinerary:
Friday August 27th:
Those who have offered to help setup are welcome to arrive early on Friday. Even if you have not already signed up to help, anyone is still welcome to arrive Saturday for the event!
Saturday August 28th:
This is the main event day! This is a rain or shine event, so be prepared for the worst.
Registration opens at 11AM please arrive around this time to register for the event, grab campsite assignments, enter your siren(s), etc. This will also be the time to purchase T-Shirts for the event! They are $15 each. Please remember to eat an early brunch beforehand or bring lunch for the main meet. Dinner is not provided until 6pm.
-Around 12:30 we will begin the main portion of the event. There will be a short introduction, followed by the sirens. Sirens will be lined up and sounded in order following the sign-in sheet. There is a rough guideline of 1 minute limit per signal, and two signals per siren (this is given on a case by case basis and longer times can be allowed by request). We have a 500A, 240/230V Single/Three-Phase generator for use for any sirens. We also have a 48VDC battery bank and a 24VDC battery bank for use for DC powered sirens.
-After the sirens are finished, there will be a scavenger hunt for those interested. There will be 15 stations located along the hunt trail with siren related multiple choice questions. There will be a prize for the first three people who complete this! If you are not

interested in the scavenger hunt, this time will be open for swimming, hiking, relaxing etc.
-At 6pm everyone can start gathering at the outdoor area located by the dining hall for dinner. We will have hotdogs or PB&Js and chips for dinner. Water and soda is available for purchase via the vending machines.
-After dinner you are free to do whatever you would like to do. The group spending the night has the option to have one large campfire or smaller more intimate campfires, but this will be open to what everyone would like to do. If you are not spending the night on the grounds, we ask that you head out about this time.
Sunday August 29th
-Showers are available for anyone who would like one. There is a private stall shower building near the tent campsites and lodge that can be used at any time. Breakfast will be provided at 9:30AM in the form of doughnuts and orange juice. You can join us for a meal in the outdoor dining area, or grab something from Rhinelander (10 minute drive). After breakfast, we will again have some free time. The rest of the day is all whatever you would like to do!
-Cleanup will be done at the end of the event. Everyone must verify that their campsite/cabin/lodge is clean and ready to go! We are grateful for the courtesy the Scout Camp is providing us, and we will leave the area cleaner than it was upon arrival!

Items to Bring:
Tornado sirens, bugspray, sunscreen, swimsuits, towels, soda/juice/waters, extra snacks
If you are spending the night: Tent, sleeping bag, pillow, extra clothes, shampoo-body wash/soap, tooth paste - brush, hoodie, late night snacks.
Guidelines: To promote a friendly and safe environment please adhere to the following guidelines:
-At any point there is severe weather, the camp sirens will sound and you will be required to congregate at the severe weather shelters.
-Please respect the grounds we are invading! Everyone will be expected to leave the grounds clean. All garbage will be collected and given to the event organizer before leaving.
-Please leave your personal baggage at the door! We are all here to have fun! Anyone causing a ruckus will be asked to leave.
-If you are under the age of 18 you MUST be accompanied by a parent or adult at all times.
-If you are under the age of 18 and attending by yourself, you will need a parental release, and will be provided a dedicated buddy upon arrival. We ask that parents attend whenever possible! This is a great experience for all, and a great opportunity for parents to socialize with other enthusiasts’ parents.
-Please note, smoking is allowed in designated areas only! There is no alcohol, weapons, or drugs allowed on site AT ANY TIME due to Scout Camp rules.
-In response to Covid-19 if you would like to wear a mask you may, however it is up to the individual and not required.

RSVP:
To RSVP please include the following answers to the questions in an email and send to: [email protected] or [email protected]
To reserve a cabin or RV spot for $20, please call the Scout Camp ahead of time @ 715-365-3111 and mention SirenCon
1. Will you be attending SirenCon 2021? How many people are in your group?
2. If so, Saturday or Saturday and Sunday? (Note: If you have arranged to arrive early on Friday, you have already been accounted for on this day.)
3. If you are staying on the grounds overnight, will you be bringing a tent and camping? Bringing and RV or staying in a cabin?
4. If you are bringing a siren, do you need a contactor or are you bringin one? What are the power requirements for the siren if you need a contactor/disconnect?
5. Are you older than 18?
6. If you are under the age of 18, will your parent be coming? If
not you will need to be assigned a buddy, and you will need
a parental release form.
7. Do you need a parental release form if attending by
yourself?
8. Please provide your name, or your parents name if under 18
and a contact form (email, phone number)
9. Will you be purchasing a T-Shirt for $15 and what size?

If you have any questions please reach out to me @ my email provided or my phone number provided below. We look forward to seeing you at SirenCon!
Josh Work Cell: 920-237-9572
Josh Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Tesomas Scout Camp: 715-365-3111

uncommonsense

Re: RSVP Due July 15th! Final Update!! SIRENCON 2021 - AUGUST 28 - BE THERE!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:30 pm

Locking this thread because RSVPs are past due. If you need anything related to this event, feel free to reach out to Josh!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”