Josh_S
YouTube Username: WI Fox Valley Lifts and Alarms

RSVP Due July 15th! Final Update!! SIRENCON 2021 - AUGUST 28 - BE THERE!

Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:29 pm

Hello all!
Well, it’s the first of the year - and that means SirenCon is less than 9 months away! Too soon? Never! I want to make sure that everyone who has the ability to go has ample time to sign up and prepare for the event. Located in Rhinelander, WI at beautiful Camp Tesomas this should be a pretty epic event. Last year was awesome, this year we have reason to believe we will quadruple the size of not more! We will have complete run of the campground this year, which means much more room to spread out, socialize, relax, and make noise! Two meals, camping sites, cabins if necessary, 500 amp three-phase generator to use, endless options in your free time, and speaking of free...it’s free. There is no charge for SirenCon unless you want a shirt. Those are $15, designed by Camp Tesomas with our recommendations and were absolutely stunning last year to say the least.

I will continue to update this as updates come, you can also follow the event on the Siren Enthusiast FB group. Today I’ll leave you with the behind the scenes from last year and an excerpt from the brochure. I hope to see you all there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIKAYNaNchE

“Hello all! SirenCon 2021 will be an event to be remembered! Siren enthusiasts alike will come together for one weekend, based on the principles of fellowship - outdoor adventures - and blown drivers. Located at Camp Tesomas, on beautiful Crystal Lake and centered in the normally quiet northwoods of Wisconsin there are many activities this year in which guests can take part in! ​There is no cost for this event! ​After the events of last year, we will follow a laxer schedule. This is what you can expect:
We will begin the adventure Saturday, everyone should arrive right at 11:00AM to begin campsite assignments. There will be no lunch provided, so please eat before you arrive or bring a lunch to eat. Dinner will take place around 6pm and it is a bit aways from then. If you do not plan on spending the night, you will be taken to congregate in the main meet area. There will be three main campsites that you will be assigned to. Camp Tempest, Camp Banshee, and Camp Thunderbolt. Also available are cabins upon request, however we encourage tent camping at all costs for the full experience! If you plan on tent camping, please provide your own tents.
12:30ish
Once you have arrived at your campsite and setup, everyone will gather in the main meet area to begin SirenCon 2021. There will be a short introduction and then the siren soundings will begin! The meet is centered on the sirens that you all bring!! If you have a siren, and can bring it we highly encourage you to do so! We will have a 500Amp 3PH generator for use by anyone that brings a siren. We will also have a 48VDC and 24VDC battery banks for use by DC powered sirens as well. We will sound sirens off in random orders, alone, in pairs, all at once! The options are endless. Once the main meet has concluded we will begin a couple hours of whatever you want to do.
You can go swimming, you can go hiking, you can sit in your camp and vibe. This is your time to get out and fellowship with others or enjoy the serenity the northwoods of WI have to offer.
6:00ish-
We will plan on eating as a group at the designated outdoor dining area. We will have hotdogs and fixings. We will have PB & J’s for those who wish to have something different. After dinner everyone may return to their campsites or cabins. Firewood will be provided for those who wish to have a fire.
In the morning, we will start a doughnut and OJ breakfast at 9:30AM. There are showers available at any point for those who would like to shower. After everyone is awake, we will again have free time until 1:30pm for those who wish to hang around. At 1:30 we will clean our campsites and gather again in the parking lot for goodbyes.

Things to note:
Some suggested items: Tornado sirens, bugspray, sunscreen, swimsuits, towels, soda/juice/water - coolers, extra snacks
If you are spending the night: Tent, sleeping bag, pillow, extra clothes, shampoo-body wash, tooth paste - brush, hoodie, late night snacks
T-Shirts will be available for order. The cost is $15. If you have a shirt from 2020, please bring it and wear it!
-At any point, in the event of severe weather the camp sirens will sound and everyone will report to the designated severe weather shelters. These will be highlighted while campsites are designated.
-This is a rain or shine event! In the event of rainy weather, the meet will still continue. The siren portion may be postponed until the following Sunday if it is raining on Saturday.
-You will be expected to provide your own transportation to the meet, however there are many local enthusiasts going with the capability to pick up those who decide to fly in. There will be select available sites on Friday night for those who need to arrive early. The same applies to those leaving, except you will be responsible for your own departure. There will be no sites available Sunday night.
RULES:
-​Please respect the grounds we are invading​. They welcomed us with open arms, and following the scout motto everyone will be expected to leave the area cleaner than when we arrived. Everyone will be expected to collect garbage from their site and given to the organizer upon leaving for disposal. We carry out what we do in.
-Please leave your personal baggage at the door, we are here to have a blast (or ten). Please no drama! Anyone causing a ruckus will be asked to leave. Y’all are pretty chill so this should be a non-issue.
-If you are below the age of 18 you will be required to have a siren-buddy for the meet. You will be glued to the hips AT ALL TIMES.
-If you are under the age of 18 you will need a release from your parents. We highly encourage parents to attend! There is plenty of fun for everyone.
I hope to see you all there! Please find me on Facebook, through the official SirenCon 2021 Facebook Event or my profile (Josh Schmirler)
You can email me as well, my business email is ​[email protected]
Attachments
18A1F5D7-78D6-4541-8FCF-BD79ADA1E847.jpeg
18A1F5D7-78D6-4541-8FCF-BD79ADA1E847.jpeg (353.83 KiB) Viewed 5566 times
Last edited by Josh_S on Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of a ATI HPSS16R, a Whelen Hornet, and an ASC T-128ACDC

uncommonsense

Re: SIRENCON 2021 - AUGUST 28 - BE THERE!

Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:35 pm

Just to be clear ARS is in no way affiliated with this event.

That said it sounds like a blast (see what I did there?!) and I hope y’all go and have an amazing time. I hear Josh puts on a heck of an event.

HX56
YouTube Username: HX56

Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:57 am

Damn, I'd absolutely love to go, but I can't due to Corona virus and borders shut and what not. Hope you all have a great time, I might eventually sort an Australian meetup for the few of us that exist.
Siren Enthusiast from Australia since 2012. Designer of the KEYTROL-K4 Siren Controller.

Ohio_Man
YouTube Username: Billstern

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:59 pm

Why does the T shirt say 2020 when it takes place in 2021?
21 Y.O. Student welder.

"This is my step van. I never knew my real van."

Josh_S

Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:28 am

HX56 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:57 am
Damn, I'd absolutely love to go, but I can't due to Corona virus and borders shut and what not. Hope you all have a great time, I might eventually sort an Australian meetup for the few of us that exist.
We are going to miss having ya! If anything changes and you can come let me know!
Ohio_Man wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:59 pm
Why does the T shirt say 2020 when it takes place in 2021?
The T-Shirt design is from last years meet. It will be different this year.

Evan Vander Stoep

YouTube Username: Evan Vander Stoep
Discord: EvanVS#5790

Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:56 pm

Man, I really wish I could go! (I'm out here in Oregon)

However, I do have a question. Will the event be canceled/rescheduled if COVID is still a threat in August?
Evan Vander Stoep
Radio Communications Technician
Researcher of Yamaha Music Sirens

YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/EvanVanderStoep
Discord: EvanVS#5790 (Best Contact Method)

Josh_S

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:12 pm

Evan Vander Stoep wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:56 pm
Man, I really wish I could go! (I'm out here in Oregon)

However, I do have a question. Will the event be canceled/rescheduled if COVID is still a threat in August?
I hope you can make it eventually!
This is an at your own risk event, much like last years. You will be required to sign a waiver. Also there will be social distancing and masks if you wish to stay separated from others. This is only if Covid is still around though, wishing for the best!

BBoi00
YouTube Username: Sirens and Stuff

Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:36 am

-At any point, in the event of severe weather the camp sirens will sound and everyone will report to the designated severe weather shelters. These will be highlighted while campsites are designated.

Trust me, I think more than the camp sirens will end up sounding in the case of severe weather :lol:

Jokes aside I'll see what I can do, I've always wanted to go to a siren meet and this one is (relatively) local! If I can figure it out and come I'll be sure to bring my STL-10
Happy and slightly confused owner of a STL-10, Whelen wps-2905, Federal Signal Thunderbolt 1000, and a Federal Enterprises Model-2

championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:50 am

I wish I could come, but that is really far away (I live in MD.)
"Someday soon we'll stop to ponder what on earth's this spell we're under...
We made the grade and still we wonder who the hell we are..."
-Styx, from The Grand Illusion

Josh_S

Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:52 am

BBoi00 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:36 am

Trust me, I think more than the camp sirens will end up sounding in the case of severe weather :lol:

Jokes aside I'll see what I can do, I've always wanted to go to a siren meet and this one is (relatively) local! If I can figure it out and come I'll be sure to bring my STL-10
Haha, this is very true! I can imagine the ambience now.... And I hope you can make it down, it’ll be one heck of a good time!
IceBolt_1003 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:50 am
I wish I could come, but that is really far away (I live in MD.)
I’m sorry to hear that man!!!! But hey if anything changes we’d definitely look forward to having ya!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”