Discord: Keigo#2002

Re: Yamaha Music Sirens

Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:36 am

IHaveAName wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:40 pm
Jake_7367 wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:33 am
How did you manage to find the song?
I just translated the word "Morning" and searched it up on YouTube.
I also found the video on an article talking about a speaker array, I just was too lazy to go out and find it again, so I just searched on YouTube.
I think I managed to find Youtube videos of nearly all the songs played by the music sirens in your playlist. To me, Dvorak's "Home Road" (Symphony No.9 From the New World - Largo) is the most soulful and nostalgic.

I'll edit this when the music video playlist is complete.
I love Yamaha Music Sirens.
Twitter: Yamaha and Matsush¡ta Enthusiast (@Matsush¡taMan) (replace ¡ with i)

IHaveAName
YouTube Username: Nthuziast
Discord: nthuziast

Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:06 pm

Jake_7367 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:36 am
I think I managed to find Youtube videos of nearly all the songs played by the music sirens in your playlist. To me, Dvorak's "Home Road" (Symphony No.9 From the New World - Largo) is the most soulful and nostalgic.

I'll edit this when the music video playlist is complete.
I would agree, Home Road would definitely be in my top 5, but to me, all songs are good, and I just can't decide which I dislike most.

In my personal preference, I like songs that have the keys of F major or C major, such as Railway Chanting and Home Road (Hamamatsu variant)

Going back on topic of music sirens, I searched up Music Siren on twitter (obviously translated into Japanese) and I found a post mentioning Imabari.

Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 2434719161
guitarist
i did a lot of stupid things when i was younger on this platform and now i am literally stuck with 4 warnings so i cannot screw up a single thing or else i will be banned
p.s. i wanna change my username to Nthuziast but it won't let me so

IHaveAName

Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:03 pm

Just a quick post, "Sunset Koyake" is actually named Yuyake Koyake (The Sunset Glow)
guitarist
i did a lot of stupid things when i was younger on this platform and now i am literally stuck with 4 warnings so i cannot screw up a single thing or else i will be banned

IHaveAName

Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:50 pm

I was in a call with Evan a few days ago, and he pointed out a few things that I wanted to mention.
First thing, Tenri's siren has...
The YAMAHA Logo!
I've never seen this on any of the other 2nd generation sirens, so this siren might be a bit more modern than the rest. The larger siren doesn't appear to have a logo though.

2nd thing I thought was interesting is that- Iga's siren might've been maintained recently...
Compare the recordings of Iga from 2015 and the recent videos. Iga's siren used to sound a lot worse. The sound would fade in slowly, then out slowly, almost as if the dampers were getting rusty or something. Now, it seems like the sounds are a lot more sudden. At one point, Iga's C4 key almost got stuck open. https://www.facebook.com/groups/8864721 ... 590731571/

At last, the final topic I found interesting. The way the 2nd generation sirens get their air to produce a tone is not something I've seen yet. The stand that holds the stator, rotor and damper assemblies is actually an air intake for the stators. I asked Evan about it, and he definitely sorted everything out for me.
guitarist

IHaveAName

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:01 pm

IHaveAName wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:06 pm
Going back on topic of music sirens, I searched up Music Siren on twitter (obviously translated into Japanese) and I found a post mentioning Imabari.
Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 2434719161
And speaking of which... I'm pretty sure it is a music siren location! Imabari City Hall used to have a music siren, after the city hall was finished in 1958. I believe the 4 note siren was the variant used due to the mount being made of concrete, and the city hall was made of- well, concrete. Especially in the background, I believe the houses are made of wood (which would make sense because the photo isn't even in color yet) which the article also stated.

Post: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=273746979435231
guitarist

Jake_7367
Discord: Keigo#2002

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:10 pm

Here's the playlist of songs that the Music Sirens play. If I missed out anything do let me know.

The Iga Ueno siren was definitely maintained recently, in the latest videos the dampers seem much more responsive.
Same for the Tokiwa Main Store siren, according to the most recent video added to the Music Siren playlists. (5-8-21)
I love Yamaha Music Sirens.
Twitter: Yamaha and Matsush¡ta Enthusiast (@Matsush¡taMan) (replace ¡ with i)

IHaveAName

Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:10 pm

So recently I decided to learn all the songs the music sirens played on the keyboard... and I was playing Hill of Tangerine blossoms... and I began to question the Yawatahama's claim of only 10 notes. Only 10 notes? It seems a bit off, most other sirens have 12 notes at the minimum. (spoiler, it seems like that's also false)
Anyways, I mapped all the notes that Yawatahama had, including The Sunset Glow, Hill of Tangerine Blossoms and the Fishing Port song. And it turned out...
Yes. That's what I came up with. I have no idea if the motor is sped up to a slightly higher speed while playing or what, but from what I hear, it doesn't sound that way.
(I was able to confirm this later)

Now, regarding the spoiler... It turns out that Kishiwada also pulled this trick too!
I can't confirm Kishiwada though, specifically 14 notes is a bit bizarre.

I can confirm Uwajima and Okayama have their said notes:

And I also confirmed 7 notes from Tenri's music siren.
Last edited by IHaveAName on Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
guitarist

IHaveAName

Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:49 pm

Believe it's real. The first video ever of Iga's siren, on video, and up close sounding! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csTZcYn_DPQ
Also, Kishiwada's Danjiri festival playing the sound of the 6am Morning blast on a speaker. Unfortunately not the real music siren. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfmJuIi6Qds
I think Kishiwada's video is just the previous recording from hamiorz in 2009.
Also, that's not on the J-Alert system nor the disaster prevention radio.
guitarist

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:52 pm

IHaveAName wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:49 pm
Believe it's real. The first video ever of Iga's siren, on video, and up close sounding! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csTZcYn_DPQ
[snip]
Thought I'd mention this, at 2:41 on the first video you can kind of see the Iga siren's control box (including the music box drum thingy and the small keyboard to the left). But right under the first shelf there seems to be two other music drums. (I couldn't get a good screenshot of the frame where you see the other music drums) :
IMG_20210816_214200.jpg
IMG_20210816_214200.jpg (158.37 KiB) Viewed 5519 times
And it doesn't stop there, there seems to be in total 4 or 5 different music drums on this siren, unless I mis-counted. If only we had a good shot of the cabinet that shown the entirity of what's inside..
Attachments
IMG_20210816_214951.jpg
IMG_20210816_214951.jpg (137.65 KiB) Viewed 5517 times
IMG_20210816_215035.jpg
IMG_20210816_215035.jpg (193.12 KiB) Viewed 5519 times
IMG_20210816_215020.jpg
IMG_20210816_215020.jpg (184.89 KiB) Viewed 5519 times
IMG_20210816_215008.jpg
IMG_20210816_215008.jpg (189.91 KiB) Viewed 5519 times
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

IHaveAName

Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:15 pm

Something I found interesting is in this video from just this year, it's Uwajima's J-Alert sounding...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-f2PxSih6k&t=376s
And in the background... IS THIS!
I already sent this to Evan, he believes the siren might be going through repairs.
Given that Yawatahama was able to do this, I don't doubt Uwajima would do the same. I'd just figure it would be a bit difficult trying to get such old components.
What I find odd though, is this video.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMTjZpPyLVI[/youtube]
If the siren were to be going through repairs, why would it take so long?
The obvious answer is: It's gone through two repairs in 3 years?
guitarist

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”