The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:06 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:45 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:08 pm
Posts: 287
Real Name: Magnus
YouTube Username: NJTFAN505
Discord: darley man#6187
Location: Harford County, MD
nvanw27 wrote: *
You can remove the 5TT/7TT and the WS-2500. 5TT/7TT is a Federal Signal Model 5T/7T Re-badged with a new housing by Darley, and the 2 "T"s are likely either a stamping issue or it was Darley's model of an existent siren.

The Whelen WS-2500 was never produced.
That is not true. Both Federals and Darleys were stamped with this type up until about 1960/1970. The "TT" stood for two-tone. Federal changed it in the around the 1970's to just one "T". Also the Darley rebrands were extremely rare. Darley purchased siren parts from Federal, Sterling, and ACA and made their own sirens out of it with their own tags. Although some of the time they were just copies with different shrouds, they changed the port ratio on most models to 8 and changed the shroud and the tags too.
Also, there was reported to be some WS-2500's purchased by a power plant.

_________________
Proud owner of various small warning devices, 3 horns, a JDW-145 and a W.S. Darley Model 7ATT.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:27 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:46 pm
Posts: 232
Discord: lvstvoids #4691
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
IceBolt_1003 wrote: *
nvanw27 wrote: *
You can remove the 5TT/7TT and the WS-2500. 5TT/7TT is a Federal Signal Model 5T/7T Re-badged with a new housing by Darley, and the 2 "T"s are likely either a stamping issue or it was Darley's model of an existent siren.

The Whelen WS-2500 was never produced.

Also, there was reported to be some WS-2500's purchased by a power plant.
That was a misprint. Someone in the area checked around the area the sirens were said to be. There were a few 2000 series and a 3016 but no 2500s. If they were ever produced they were removed which is strange because the 2000s and 3016s were purchased at the same time the 2500s were said to be purchased.

To quote nvanw, "Someone who’s mapped the system can confirm that you are not looking at 2500s. Indian Cave has WS-2020s, and there’s a 3016 out that way too that you were likely looking at."

_________________
Yours truly,
10V2T

Your neighborhood amateur siren fanatic.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:29 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:08 pm
Posts: 287
Real Name: Magnus
YouTube Username: NJTFAN505
Discord: darley man#6187
Location: Harford County, MD
10V2T wrote: *
IceBolt_1003 wrote: *
nvanw27 wrote: *
You can remove the 5TT/7TT and the WS-2500. 5TT/7TT is a Federal Signal Model 5T/7T Re-badged with a new housing by Darley, and the 2 "T"s are likely either a stamping issue or it was Darley's model of an existent siren.

The Whelen WS-2500 was never produced.

Also, there was reported to be some WS-2500's purchased by a power plant.
That was a misprint. Someone in the area checked around the area the sirens were said to be. There were a few 2000 series and a 3016 but no 2500s. If they were ever produced they were removed which is strange because the 2000s and 3016s were purchased at the same time the 2500s were said to be purchased.
Okay.
Someone DID say that the drivers being exposed led to replacement.

_________________
Proud owner of various small warning devices, 3 horns, a JDW-145 and a W.S. Darley Model 7ATT.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:43 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User

Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:43 pm
Posts: 597
Real Name: Luke
Location: Mid Michigan
Sterling Duplex/Quadruplex, basically a modified Denver Siren, hand full of duplex known to exist, only one quadruplex known to ever exist, scrapped.

_________________
I was born and raised on diesel fumes and American V8 rumble.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:52 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:04 pm
Posts: 365
YouTube Username: CD_Siren
Location: The South
Remingtoncountry wrote: *
Sterling Duplex/Quadruplex, basically a modified Denver Siren, hand full of duplex known to exist, only one quadruplex known to ever exist, scrapped.
Added to the list. Thanks!

_________________
Soon-to-be proud owner of a Thunderbolt 1000
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLL2Fn ... Q6Q/videos


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:11 pm 
Offline
 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:13 pm
Posts: 30
Real Name: Thomas Seminerio
YouTube Username: sheppardpat47
Discord: Thomas Seminerio#2368
Hellooo
Don't forget the Weltex 9 and 11 ports sirens, also the Clayton Whirlwind sirens (there is differents models) and the Cosgrave siren...
The B&M 15AR blabla thingy, the Hedberg sirens..

_________________
I'm Belgian
So... Never heard a siren before :(


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:15 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:04 pm
Posts: 365
YouTube Username: CD_Siren
Location: The South
sheppardpat47 wrote: *
Hellooo
Don't forget the Weltex 9 and 11 ports sirens, also the Clayton Whirlwind sirens (there is differents models) and the Cosgrave siren...
The B&M 15AR blabla thingy, the Hedberg sirens..
Added most of those. Thanks!

_________________
Soon-to-be proud owner of a Thunderbolt 1000
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLL2Fn ... Q6Q/videos


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:02 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:54 pm
Posts: 231
Real Name: Alexis Trinquet
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)
I'm a bit surprised the Model 1 and Model 5QC aren't in this roster, afaik there's a handful of Model 1s known to exist (with one member here owning one?) and only one 5QC that is known to exist. Although I'm not entirely certain about the 5QC

I think the Klaxon Secomak CS-8, CS-3 and GP-3 are also worth adding. There's a few other CS-series Secomaks but aside from the CS-3 and 8 I don't think the other models even made it to production..

_________________
18 years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[ img ]

This is my official Youtube


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:43 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:04 pm
Posts: 365
YouTube Username: CD_Siren
Location: The South
Darley Champion wrote: *
I'm a bit surprised the Model 1 and Model 5QC aren't in this roster, afaik there's a handful of Model 1s known to exist (with one member here owning one?) and only one 5QC that is known to exist. Although I'm not entirely certain about the 5QC

I think the Klaxon Secomak CS-8, CS-3 and GP-3 are also worth adding. There's a few other CS-series Secomaks but aside from the CS-3 and 8 I don't think the other models even made it to production..
Gonna add those later. Thanks!

_________________
Soon-to-be proud owner of a Thunderbolt 1000
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLL2Fn ... Q6Q/videos


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:47 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:43 pm
Posts: 608
Real Name: Jacob Ulrich
YouTube Username: Midmissourisirens
Discord: MidMissouriSirens#9512
Location: Marshfield Missouri
Thunderbolts that have a 6M/6MC blower are worth mentioning.

_________________
I'm Jacob Ulrich or MidMissouriSirens on youtube.

My Missouri Siren Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 57595&z=10


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: archizackture, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Synther and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: 

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited