championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Re: What is a good starter siren that is easiest to wire, the cheapest and least loud.

Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:49 pm

I would recommend a MS-390. They are not that loud, and all you have to do is wire two 120v wires to a plug. They sell for like $30 on amazon.
"Someday soon we'll stop to ponder what on earth's this spell we're under...
We made the grade and still we wonder who the hell we are..."
-Styx, from The Grand Illusion

IHaveAName
YouTube Username: Nthuziast
Discord: Greater Miami Railway Cor#9640

Re: What is a good starter siren that is easiest to wire, the cheapest and least loud.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:32 pm

Alarms9000 wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:37 pm
I am looking into becoming a siren enthusiast and own a siren, my house only has a small garage and my bedroom is small. I need a siren that can be stored easily in a small closet and will not annoy people outside. So yes, If somebody that is a siren enthusiast can answer me that would be nice.
Hand-crank air raid siren...
It isn't electric,
It's maybe like... $50 to $500,
It's not too excessively loud...
guitarist for my band R3VØLUȻION (pop rock)
huge green day and mcr fan
take a look at my wig wag map https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/view? ... 000001&z=2

championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:01 pm

Be aware, those things break easily. Be careful with it.
At least the Vixen horns one. If you have more money on hand I recommend a Model G or a bigger Lion King hand crank.
Or just spend $30 for a MS-390.
"Someday soon we'll stop to ponder what on earth's this spell we're under...
We made the grade and still we wonder who the hell we are..."
-Styx, from The Grand Illusion

supermaximax
YouTube Username: supermaximax
Discord: supermaximax

Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:45 am

I'd suggest either getting an MS-190, MS-290, or an MS-390 if you are looking to be rather (very) cheap and don't want noise complaints from your neighbors. But if you want to step it up a bit, maybe get an MS-490 or MS-590. Those may be loud, but they aren't that loud TBH. You might want to remind your neighbors about your siren or sirens, first. MS-190's can go as low as 8 bucks on eBay, and are as loud as a cheap fire alarm. Some are 12 volts, other 24 volts, and some are 120 volts. I believe that is the same for the MS-290 and MS-390, but those are a little more expensive-- probably 20 dollars at the very least. So, is this sufficient information?

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”