fr4ie2nd0ly

Thunderbolt Projector Horn

Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:20 pm

My Thunderbolt projector horn looks a little different than the others I have seen. It seems someone took a bondo like material and made the outside look rounded and smooth, instead of seeing the multiple "folds" in the metal. The inside was untouched, but the outside is rounded and smoothed over with bondo. And of course its missing chunks and has big cracks (only in the bondo)
Is this something Federal Signal did, or was this done by a redneck thinking they were "improving" things? Kinda hate it, want to melt it off. Any thoughts?

HX56
YouTube Username: HX56

Re: Thunderbolt Projector Horn

Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:28 am

Can we have a picture? Never heard of anything like this. I'm very intrigued.
Siren Enthusiast from Australia since 2012. Designer of the KEYTROL-K4 Siren Controller.

fr4ie2nd0ly

Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:51 am

I tried when I made the post and I just tried again. Keeps giving me this message: "413 Request Entity Too Large"

uncommonsense

Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:02 am

File is too large. You’ll need to link to an external image hosting service.

fr4ie2nd0ly

Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:06 am

This is the first time I have ever had to do this with images, we'll see how it goes haha. Hopefully you'll be able to see the 4 photos

https://ibb.co/mBq7k04

https://ibb.co/jG1DQbk

https://ibb.co/MV8KnPT

https://ibb.co/cCbcP91

championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:44 am

looks like it just suffered some wear and tear and is a little beat up.

fr4ie2nd0ly

Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:58 pm

I live in Maine. I know all about weather beating. What I am asking is was this bondo job something Federal Signal did during manufacturing, or did someone take it upon themself to do this thinking it would actually look good? If this was factory work, does anyone know exactly what they used to do it? Bondo type material comes in a wide variety, and if I am to repair this I would like to use the proper product. If it was some redneck "improvement" it's getting melted off

STH-Owen

YouTube Username: Sweet Tea Sirens

Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:33 pm

fr4ie2nd0ly wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:58 pm
I live in Maine. I know all about weather beating. What I am asking is was this bondo job something Federal Signal did during manufacturing, or did someone take it upon themself to do this thinking it would actually look good? If this was factory work, does anyone know exactly what they used to do it? Bondo type material comes in a wide variety, and if I am to repair this I would like to use the proper product. If it was some redneck "improvement" it's getting melted off
Where did it come from if you know?

fr4ie2nd0ly

Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:26 am

Lyncourt (Syracuse) New York. Some dude had it sitting in his tool shed at home after it came out of service.
Drove out there a few months ago and dragged it home. 14 hour road trip. Totally worth it!!!!!! The rest is in FANTASTIC shape and 100% complete

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”