carolinasignalco

Mini EOWS 408 Build Thread

Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:40 pm

So here we go. Ive decided to build an electronic siren. I have a mini p15 that I built a little while ago, but it is slightly too loud, it does 129 decibels at 30 feet, and it also cant double as a computer speaker. I got a little audio driver board and a small slip ring so I hopefully wont have to spend too much money on this guy. I have to confess that the speakers are oval shaped meaning that it might not look as realistic... I am gonna start modeling it in cad and will post updates
Last edited by carolinasignalco on Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of the Carolina Signal co, a mini siren manufacturing company.
I dont check my email!! please dont email me about mini sirens. i only respond to pms. (sorry) get used to typos

carolinasignalco

Re: Mini EOWS 408 Build Thread

Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:32 pm

I have gotten the start of the main frame , and most of the rotator/amp box dome, it uses the same rotator design as the P15 because it worked well

Moderator edit: removed link to love poems.
I dont check my email!! please dont email me about mini sirens. i only respond to pms. (sorry) get used to typos

carolinasignalco

Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:52 pm

Got the rotator box redisigned and got the pole mount built(no pics)Image

CD_Siren
Discord: cdsiren

Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:20 pm

This looks really nice! Keep up the good work!
Still pop on here occasionally, but no longer post.

carolinasignalco

Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:14 am

thank you! @CD_Siren

i was having some printer trouble but i got it sorted out

carolinasignalco

Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:24 am

here is the mini p15. The quality isnt perfect but i blame that on my scrappy old fillament (the red pla was the worst offender) all the mechanical parts are petg. Image

uncommonsense

Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:58 am

carolinasignalco wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:24 am
here is the mini p15. The quality isnt perfect but i blame that on my scrappy old fillament (the red pla was the worst offender) all the mechanical parts are petg. Image
That’s effing amazing.

carolinasignalco

Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:51 pm

ill take the lid off and get some pics of its internals I want yall to have the enjoyment I got out of it so heres the link to the design on Tinkercad, yes I did make this in Tinkercad and this is infact my account. another thing is that if you do print it you will have to redesign the rotor. I got the 775 im using out of a gear driven saw and it was easier to leave the gear on and design around it and use the splines to really bite into the plastic, rather than remove it and have to make a steel splined insert and smash that in it. there is the break to an electric power chair just for a counterweight because sometimes it would bind. the rotator motor is powered by one of those crappy little "TT" motors powered through a buck driver so it has a constant speed no mater how fast the rotor is spinning. The whole thing is powered by a decript bloated 10 ah 12v lead acid battery. The printer was at 0.2 mm layer height and everything but the projector horn was printed at 100% infill because I needed to further machine the parts in some places. The controls are all housed in that black box with CD on it and it is timed by an Arduino uno and uses a dpdt relay and a BTS7960 motor driver to do the wail. The topside box has just some push buttons and has attack misspelled. I may or may not fix it. here is the link https://www.tinkercad.com/things/e4sJKtOKxFe

ill post pics once i get gmail working...

carolinasignalco

Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:36 pm

carolinasignalco

Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:30 am

I have completed the rotator box electrical and also got the rotator its self sorted. (no pics)

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”