JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Introducing "Classic Siren Recordings" - (updated, I need your help!)

Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:43 am

Update 11/25: Well, that's it! I've uploaded everything I have. I've enjoyed the positive responses from everyone. However, after all of this, I do realize there are still a bunch of recordings that are "lost" at this point. I'm putting out a call to everyone, especially older members, to dig out your old CDs and hard drives, and lets get the rest of these old recordings uploaded. Let me know if you have something I don't have posted, and let's get it uploaded!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So a thread over in the Mystery Sirens forum made me realize that most older siren recordings prior to 2007ish have never been uploaded to Youtube. Before the advent of that site, siren recordings were uploaded to file sharing sites and shared on this forum. Back then, a siren recording was a real treat as there were far and few between compared to now. In 2002, I started "The Siren Contest" to inspire more people out in the field and record sirens (with a real siren being awarded as a grand prize) which helped get the ball rolling to where we are now today...spoiled with recordings!

So a few days ago, I stated a Youtube channel called Classic Siren Recordings. This channel will upload siren recordings recorded in the days before Youtube, some which were recorded as far back as the 1980s. While the audio quality is a far cry from HD recordings we are used to today, I have some really awesome and one of a kind recordings that have so much character behind them!

As I'm limited one the amount of videos I can upload per day, it will take around two months to upload what I have. I do not own any of the videos (except one), and I have very limited information about who recorded it and where. Everything I know about the recording will be listed in the description. If there is a video that is already common on Youtube or is your video, let me know and I can take it down.

With that said, I will need everyone's help in locating older recordings. I have the majority of them, although I do know there some that are missing (a BIG thanks to whomever sent me the lost Siren Contest recordings a few years ago!!!). For now though, please save them to the side or PM me, as I have about 500 recordings to post. Anyway, subscribe and enjoy, and please share with everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrexq4 ... GnQ/videos

Model L
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: Egress
Discord: Egress.

Re: Introducing "Classic Siren Recordings"

Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:51 am

very cool!
Resident of Beaverton, Oregon
Proud owner of 2 Model L's and a 1984 WS-3000 serial # 717
19 years old
want to chat? send me a request on discord: Egress.#7444 or DM me

championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:58 am

The Babylon siren is a Model 20, not a Model 7.

This is awesome. I've never seen so much awesome siren recordings.
Last edited by championsiren on Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

sirensandfirealarms
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SuperSirex127
Discord: SuperSirex127#3917

Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:02 pm

I remember seeing a post from way back in the day about the someone getting a video of the Johnson Creek, Wisconsin SuperBanshee going off in Hi-lo for the contest. I'm wondering, is that in that pile of videos?
Proud owner of 4 Model As(all in a state of disrepair), a USI siren, and a 16-port rotor from a Sterling M-10.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator

Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:46 pm

sirensandfirealarms wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:02 pm
I remember seeing a post from way back in the day about the someone getting a video of the Johnson Creek, Wisconsin SuperBanshee going off in Hi-lo for the contest. I'm wondering, is that in that pile of videos?
I think "Siren Claus" has a gift for you...check back tonight!

Also, if anyone has any credits or additional info on any of these recordings, please leave a comment on Youtube, I check all of them and will update accordingly

Catonawavewave

YouTube Username: NaturalStateSirens
Discord: catonawavewave

Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:50 am

Oooo this hits a nostalgic spot I didn't even know I had!

Very cool! Especially that Garland recording!
Proud owner of a 1998 ASC RM-130, 1977 3T22A, couple of SiraTrols, and a two hundred pound vintage cash register.

Proud CB radio "operator"

ModifiedCyclone125

YouTube Username: Consolidation1282
Discord: Consolidation1282#1282

Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:41 am

Found this out last night and haven't posted on this thread until now, Very nice selection and I'm wondering if you got the "mooing tornado/thunderbolt siren" audio file. I found about this when I was scrolling through old forum posts a few months ago out of boredom, Hope to see that one soon.
Some guy who is interested in Taiwan's siren system as well for a few others,

Have I heard a siren? Yes, The Darley 3V8 In Columbia, CA Doing a noon blast. Do I own a siren? Sort of, A Vixen Horns Hand Crank Siren.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:26 am

ModifiedCyclone125 wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:41 am
Found this out last night and haven't posted on this thread until now, Very nice selection and I'm wondering if you got the "mooing tornado/thunderbolt siren" audio file. I found about this when I was scrolling through old forum posts a few months ago out of boredom, Hope to see that one soon.
I do! I'll upload it on the next round 8-)

shodowhater

Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:45 am

Jason, this is honestly one of the coolest things I've seen in a verrrry long time. Props to you for taking the time to do this.
"Y'know what would suck? Driving a river." - Jeremy Munyon, 2019

uncommonsense

Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:02 pm

Man this is taking me back to some good times. I’m glad many of these recordings survived. They may not be great quality but they’re sure littered with nostalgia.

I don’t suppose the one with the braked Allertor doing whoop is still around, is it? I think it came from the same guy who got the Banshee in hi lo.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”