CJ

Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:27 am

Ninja Squirrel wrote:Would there be a dB difference if P-50s were single-tone instead of dual?
Yes, there would be. It would probably give the Chrysler a run for it's money if not a beating. :)
~Charlie J.

Ninja Squirrel

Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:11 am

I never got why dual-tone generates less dB than single-tone. Sound mechanics are something I know nothing about. :?
The sniper rifle. For when you want to reach out and touch someone. Like blow their head off.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HyperFlameGuy

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:28 am

It's a real shame that we can't contact the NRC and have them look at all of these failures that have occurred and get them to remove ATI from any chance at getting a contract for a nuclear power plant warning system.

CJ

Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:33 am

Ninja Squirrel wrote:I never got why dual-tone generates less dB than single-tone. Sound mechanics are something I know nothing about. :?
Probably something to do with the resultant pitch, or something like that.
~Charlie J.

ginbot86

Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:31 pm

Trey wrote:It's a real shame that we can't contact the NRC and have them look at all of these failures that have occurred and get them to remove ATI from any chance at getting a contract for a nuclear power plant warning system.
ATI? For NUCLEAR warning? Uh-oh!
--Jason G.
Proud owner of 4 small sirens

CJ

Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:20 pm

ginbot86 wrote:ATI? For NUCLEAR warning? Uh-oh!
Yeah that's bad. I wouldn't trust them as tornado sirens even in New York! >_>

But for a nuclear power station? hell no
~Charlie J.

Ninja Squirrel

Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:38 pm

An ATI as a nuclear warning device? We better just run for our lives, then. Move hundreds of miles away from the nuclear plant. Hell, the ATIs would explode before the plant melts down.
The sniper rifle. For when you want to reach out and touch someone. Like blow their head off.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HyperFlameGuy

MattDean1003

Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:22 am

Please refrain from reviving an old post unless you have something informative to add to it.
James M. Dean

FedTB

Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:50 pm

ATI will remain in business as long as government agencies keep buying their products. And as long as ATI keeps manufacturing low-quality products that get the lowest bid from those agencies, they'll remain in business.

If people stop buying ATI's products because they finally realize how inferior their sirens are compared to other reputable manufactuers' sirens and the bottom line drops, then they'll go out of business. Or improve their product. Whichever comes first.

thewoog34
YouTube Username: Thewoog34

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:02 am

Busgeek71 wrote:Huh, the ATI system (installed 2004) in the city I live in actually isn't too bad. They function well, I always have heard them in storms, and the tones aren't too shabby, kinda like a Modulator. For some reason the alert tone isn't the usual 1000Hz. It's a bit lower than the high note of a Federal T22 siren. This system isn't even on the map ATI has.
I like reviving old threads =o

Anyways, that's actually an ASC E-Class siren you're talking about! As far as I know, there are no videos of it on the internet. It uses the same speaker shell as the ATI sirens, but uses completely different drivers and controls. It has a VERY soft windup and wind-down, but other than that sounds like a 12 port siren. Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of ASC electronic sirens. I'll stick with Sentry for mechanical and Whelen for electronic...
What happened when Napoleon went to Mt. Olive? Popeye got pissed.

http://www.youtube.com/thewoog34

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”