The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3333 posts ]  Go to page « 1330 331 332 333 334 »
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:49 pm 

I recorded it in 2016, haven't heard it since... It's been stuck in the same position for a couple of years now, so don't know if it's turned off or if the rotator is just broken. Really don't know why Hamilton canceled- it was above freezing and we haven't had any ice or rain or snow. It was a great day for ambiance though- I heard the P-10/15 on the Eastgate Fire Dept. which is incredible considering it's 2.5 miles away from me. Also heard the Nothin' but Net T-bolt, the Powderhorn 4/5, and another T-bolt (which I'm guessing was probably Clough Pike Elementary, or possibly the one by EZ-Rentall off of 125.) I also heard a single tone siren that sounded like a Werden P-127, but the nearest one to my location was 4 miles away... I guess it's possible, but very impressive.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:35 pm 

YouTube Username: Billstern
Either I'm having auditory hallucinations or I heard something at noon. I was inside my house in sharonville but I heard at least a minute of alert. Is it possible that one of the industries in sharonville (I.E. the ford plant, General mills, or GE aviation) have a private siren?

"This is my step van. I never knew my real van."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:57 pm 

YouTube Username: Josh Reed
nvanw27 wrote:
As I Recall, Anderson Township's Thunderbolt has been disconnected for a while.
maxshaw wrote: *
I recorded it in 2016, haven't heard it since... It's been stuck in the same position for a couple of years now, so don't know if it's turned off or if the rotator is just broken. Really don't know why Hamilton canceled- it was above freezing and we haven't had any ice or rain or snow. It was a great day for ambiance though- I heard the P-10/15 on the Eastgate Fire Dept. which is incredible considering it's 2.5 miles away from me. Also heard the Nothin' but Net T-bolt, the Powderhorn 4/5, and another T-bolt (which I'm guessing was probably Clough Pike Elementary, or possibly the one by EZ-Rentall off of 125.) I also heard a single tone siren that sounded like a Werden P-127, but the nearest one to my location was 4 miles away... I guess it's possible, but very impressive.
Thanks guys for the information. Sucks that it is likely inactive. I guess the next opportunity I get I’ll go somewhere in Clermont County.

Owner of a Federal Thunderbolt 1000BT, a Federal Model A, and a gray 12 volt siren.

My YouTube Channel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:34 pm 

Does anyone know if the Kenwood Country Club tests their T121? They used to have a Whelen hornet at one point.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:25 am 

YouTube Username: carexpertandy
Ohio_Man wrote: *
Does anyone know if the Kenwood Country Club tests their T121? They used to have a Whelen hornet at one point.
I don’t think anybody knows for sure :lol: . Anyway, I see that Hamilton County postponed their test again. Was it really that cold at noon? Not even any rain or ice outside. I totally forgot that today was the 1st Wednesday until tonight :lol: . Work has been stressing me out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:27 am 

Not at all- it was 37 according to my outdoor weather station. They are safe to operate above freezing, right? Also, this is my recording of Clermont's ambiance today: https://youtu.be/tlyzchN6b-4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:50 pm 

YouTube Username: W202fan
I was in Massie Township a couple days ago and took a picture of the 1003 at the fire department. It has rotated since the last test, so it appears to be working fine. A while back, I heard that this siren was not working. Good to know that this oldie is still in service!

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
20210117_134017.jpg [ 168.5 KiB | Viewed 259 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:56 pm 

CincyTboltman wrote: *
I was in Massie Township a couple days ago and took a picture of the 1003 at the fire department. It has rotated since the last test, so it appears to be working fine. A while back, I heard that this siren was not working. Good to know that this oldie is still in service!
I saw that siren once and nearly went to film it but went for the chopper level 1 4/5 near the bait shop since I heard that the 1003 had a reversed blower. Did they fix the blower?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:30 pm 

YouTube Username: W202fan
Ohio_Man wrote: *
CincyTboltman wrote: *
I saw that siren once and nearly went to film it but went for the chopper level 1 4/5 near the bait shop since I heard that the 1003 had a reversed blower. Did they fix the blower?
As far as I am aware, the blower has not been fixed and is still reverse wired. I have not been out there on test day to verify this, though. Hopefully I can get a video on Feb 3rd.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:02 pm 

YouTube Username: carexpertandy
Hamilton County IS testing today, despite the likelihood of freezing temperatures at noon and snow on the ground. I’m very surprised...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3333 posts ]  Go to page « 1330 331 332 333 334 »