maxshaw

Re: Cincinnati Metropolitan Area Sirens

Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:49 pm

I recorded it in 2016, haven't heard it since... It's been stuck in the same position for a couple of years now, so don't know if it's turned off or if the rotator is just broken. Really don't know why Hamilton canceled- it was above freezing and we haven't had any ice or rain or snow. It was a great day for ambiance though- I heard the P-10/15 on the Eastgate Fire Dept. which is incredible considering it's 2.5 miles away from me. Also heard the Nothin' but Net T-bolt, the Powderhorn 4/5, and another T-bolt (which I'm guessing was probably Clough Pike Elementary, or possibly the one by EZ-Rentall off of 125.) I also heard a single tone siren that sounded like a Werden P-127, but the nearest one to my location was 4 miles away... I guess it's possible, but very impressive.

Ohio_Man
YouTube Username: Billstern

Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:35 pm

Either I'm having auditory hallucinations or I heard something at noon. I was inside my house in sharonville but I heard at least a minute of alert. Is it possible that one of the industries in sharonville (I.E. the ford plant, General mills, or GE aviation) have a private siren?
21 Y.O. Student welder.

"This is my step van. I never knew my real van."

Josh R
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SWOhioSirens

Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:57 pm

nvanw27 wrote:As I Recall, Anderson Township's Thunderbolt has been disconnected for a while.
maxshaw wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:49 pm
I recorded it in 2016, haven't heard it since... It's been stuck in the same position for a couple of years now, so don't know if it's turned off or if the rotator is just broken. Really don't know why Hamilton canceled- it was above freezing and we haven't had any ice or rain or snow. It was a great day for ambiance though- I heard the P-10/15 on the Eastgate Fire Dept. which is incredible considering it's 2.5 miles away from me. Also heard the Nothin' but Net T-bolt, the Powderhorn 4/5, and another T-bolt (which I'm guessing was probably Clough Pike Elementary, or possibly the one by EZ-Rentall off of 125.) I also heard a single tone siren that sounded like a Werden P-127, but the nearest one to my location was 4 miles away... I guess it's possible, but very impressive.
Thanks guys for the information. Sucks that it is likely inactive. I guess the next opportunity I get I’ll go somewhere in Clermont County.
Josh Reed
Moderator of The Siren Board
23, Ohio

Owner of a Federal Thunderbolt 1000BT, an AR Timer, and a gray 12 volt siren.

My YouTube Channel

Ohio_Man

Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:34 pm

Does anyone know if the Kenwood Country Club tests their T121? They used to have a Whelen hornet at one point.
21 Y.O. Student welder.

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:25 am

Ohio_Man wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:34 pm
Does anyone know if the Kenwood Country Club tests their T121? They used to have a Whelen hornet at one point.
I don’t think anybody knows for sure :lol: . Anyway, I see that Hamilton County postponed their test again. Was it really that cold at noon? Not even any rain or ice outside. I totally forgot that today was the 1st Wednesday until tonight :lol: . Work has been stressing me out.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

maxshaw

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:27 am

Not at all- it was 37 according to my outdoor weather station. They are safe to operate above freezing, right? Also, this is my recording of Clermont's ambiance today: https://youtu.be/tlyzchN6b-4

CincyTboltman
YouTube Username: W202fan

Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:50 pm

I was in Massie Township a couple days ago and took a picture of the 1003 at the fire department. It has rotated since the last test, so it appears to be working fine. A while back, I heard that this siren was not working. Good to know that this oldie is still in service!
Attachments
20210117_134017.jpg
20210117_134017.jpg (168.5 KiB) Viewed 3655 times
Siren enthusiast, gamer, car enthusiast.

Ohio_Man

Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:56 pm

CincyTboltman wrote:
I was in Massie Township a couple days ago and took a picture of the 1003 at the fire department. It has rotated since the last test, so it appears to be working fine. A while back, I heard that this siren was not working. Good to know that this oldie is still in service!
I saw that siren once and nearly went to film it but went for the chopper level 1 4/5 near the bait shop since I heard that the 1003 had a reversed blower. Did they fix the blower?
21 Y.O. Student welder.

CincyTboltman
YouTube Username: W202fan

Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:30 pm

Ohio_Man wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:56 pm
CincyTboltman wrote:
I saw that siren once and nearly went to film it but went for the chopper level 1 4/5 near the bait shop since I heard that the 1003 had a reversed blower. Did they fix the blower?
As far as I am aware, the blower has not been fixed and is still reverse wired. I have not been out there on test day to verify this, though. Hopefully I can get a video on Feb 3rd.
Siren enthusiast, gamer, car enthusiast.

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:02 pm

Hamilton County IS testing today, despite the likelihood of freezing temperatures at noon and snow on the ground. I’m very surprised...
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Return to “Community Systems”