Jpressman8

Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:44 am

Well I figured something wasn't right. I drove by the White Oak Tbolt and it was still in the same position although it does almost always faces south thats why I was not sure.
five liter V8

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:17 am

Jpressman8 wrote:Well I figured something wasn't right. I drove by the White Oak Tbolt and it was still in the same position although it does almost always faces south thats why I was not sure.
Today, I sent an email to Hamilton County's siren operation guy Bary Lusby, and he says what Oldiesmann says is true.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:06 pm

carexpertandy wrote:
Oldiesmann wrote:
Jpressman8 wrote:Well I tried to film the Mt Airy Towers Tbolt today and guess what. Failed Test :evil: :x :cry: . I'm not even sure the rest of them activated either as I did not hear them as usual. I need a confirmation from someone In Hamilton county. :)
Hamilton County decided not to test theirs today due to a few train cars carrying propane derailing in the West End.
How do you know?
http://airraidsirens.com/forums/viewtop ... 0492#50492
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

Jpressman8

Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:56 pm

Here is the news clip that I saw last week about sirens being installed in the northwest part of Hamilton county. They are waiting for grant money approval from the (drag our feet) feds :( . They featured the White Oak Tbolt that I filmed last month :) . It's the first one in the video.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story ... RSa_A.cspx
five liter V8

Oldiesmann

Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:26 pm

The only other siren I recognized in that video is the EOWS 1212. It's located on New Haven Road just west of SR 128, in front of Garden Street Iron & Metal.
SMF

Jpressman8

Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:38 am

Oldiesmann wrote:That means we'll likely be seeing more T-128s popping up around there, although I hope it doesn't mean removing the few remaining classic sirens out there.
Speaking of T-128s there is a new one on Harrison ave across from the Showcase Cinemas. Andy told me Green Township dipped into their on coin to buy it.
five liter V8

carexpertandy

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:07 pm

Elliott wrote:I have a CD-rom of all the sirens Clayton installed..., at least from a few years ago, minus some more recent Am-Sig T-128's. Can burn you a copy if ya want. (As long as Clayton's cool with it)
Yo, I keep trying to send you a message, but it's not working.

Do you have any idea when the Allertor in Springdale will be repalced? I keep trying to send a message to Clayton, but he never replies. Do you know anything?
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Oldiesmann

Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:21 am

Jpressman8 wrote:
Oldiesmann wrote:That means we'll likely be seeing more T-128s popping up around there, although I hope it doesn't mean removing the few remaining classic sirens out there.
Speaking of T-128s there is a new one on Harrison ave across from the Showcase Cinemas. Andy told me Green Township dipped into their on coin to buy it.
I'll have to check it out next time I'm out that way.

My next siren hunt though is going to be in parts of Butler and Preble counties - basically all the small towns between Hamilton and Eaton (New Miami, Seven Mile, Jacksonburg, West Elkton, Camden, Darrtown, Eaton, etc.)
SMF

carexpertandy

Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:10 pm

Jpressman8 wrote:Here is the news clip that I saw last week about sirens being installed in the northwest part of Hamilton county. They are waiting for grant money approval from the (drag our feet) feds :( . They featured the White Oak Tbolt that I filmed last month :) . It's the first one in the video.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story ... RSa_A.cspx
I recognized the last thunderbolt shown, which is atop UC's Calhoun Hall.

CinWx

Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:31 pm

I went by the Springdale Allertor a few days ago and noticed it was pointing more toward the northeast (not parallel to I-275 as in the youtube video).

Return to “Community Systems”