Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:59 pm

Interesting... Maybe they decided to fix it after all. I know Clayton said he could fix it, and surely that's a whole lot cheaper than installing a new siren.

On another note, I found a 7th EOWS 1212 while doing a virtual siren hunt earlier - this one is about 4 miles north of the one in Ross near the intersection of Cincinnati-Brookville Road and Alert-New London Road in Shandon, in front of the old Morgan Township fire department (their FD is now located further up 126 in Okeana).
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:48 am

Oldiesmann wrote:Interesting... Maybe they decided to fix it after all. I know Clayton said he could fix it, and surely that's a whole lot cheaper than installing a new siren.

On another note, I found a 7th EOWS 1212 while doing a virtual siren hunt earlier - this one is about 4 miles north of the one in Ross near the intersection of Cincinnati-Brookville Road and Alert-New London Road in Shandon, in front of the old Morgan Township fire department (their FD is now located further up 126 in Okeana).
Actually, it's been pointing that way since March. In February, a dumpster crew was digging a ditch, and severed the electric to it. It was repaired in March, and it is still sounding, but not rotating. I think they pointed it in a different direction to warn the residents back there better, because they might think it's hard to hear across I-275, or the 2001 at the end of Kenn Rd at Waycross in Forest Park will warn that side of the highway well.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Jpressman8

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:24 pm

five liter V8

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:15 am

Jason, you were able to get out there? Oldiesmann said you can't.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Jpressman8

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:20 am

carexpertandy wrote:Jason, you were able to get out there? Oldiesmann said you can't.
Yes it is open to the public now they have made it into a so called park. I was thinking of taking my geiger counter out there. :lol: Entrance is off of Willey Rd.
five liter V8

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:01 pm

I knew that their visitors center was open to the public, but didn't know that the entire site was open to the public now. I'll definitely have to get out there one of these days.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

Jpressman8

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:03 pm

Oldiesmann wrote:I knew that their visitors center was open to the public, but didn't know that the entire site was open to the public now. I'll definitely have to get out there one of these days.

There are still some places in there that you can't go. I'm guessing they are still hot with radiation from Uranium 238 and the Plutonium processing. They had also stored radioactive waste products from the Manhatten project (first A bomb) there. The 612 is just around the second turn before the visitors center. :lol: They used to have signs around the place that said NO TRESSPASSING AUTHORIZED USE OF DEADLY FORCE. U.S. DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY. :shock: :lol:
five liter V8

EL1998P71

Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:00 am

I wonder why the guide wires on only 3 sides?
For that matter, why even guide wires at all?
Proud Owner of too many sirens, lightbars, civil defense items, and diecast cars

Jpressman8

Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:31 am

EL1998P71 wrote:I wonder why the guide wires on only 3 sides?
For that matter, why even guide wires at all?
I had wondered about that myself. One of them probably got busted sometime ago and no one fixed it, that was my guess.
five liter V8

jkvernon

Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:34 am

Does that Fernald 612 have the ASC RTU box on it? I'm wondering if it was also hooked into the Hamilton County system. Someone ought to run out there for a Wednesday test and take a video.

Return to “Community Systems”