maxshaw

Re: Cincinnati Metropolitan Area Sirens

Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:26 am

That's really neat! I've heard of some larger municipalities incorporating the National Weather Service polygon technology into their systems, so it's exciting to see that happen here. Still, I've wondered how exactly that works... ie. will sirens that are strictly in the polygon go off or will sirens that are in and near the polygon go off? Of course, the NWS is likely going to phase out polygonal tornado warnings in the next 10 years or so, so who knows how long this will remain relevant. Now if NOAA could just do the same thing to their weather radio system...

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:57 pm

I thought this was neat. Here is a real estate listing for a condo in Park Place at Lytle. Though it’s supposedly inactive now, you can see what kind of view residents and their guests get of the Thunderbolt from the rooftop patio! I remember one local enthusiast talking about going up there several years back.

https://www.sibcycline.com/Listing/CIN/ ... i-OH-45202
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:14 pm

Found an STH-10 in Burlington earlier. Am I correct in assuming it's inactive? It's on Washington Street behind the Baptist church
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

Timmy-73

YouTube Username: Timmy 73

Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:59 pm

carexpertandy wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:43 pm
Guys, I guess it's possible, but if you look on page 146 of this thread, there was a discussion about it, MUSTANGV8 (one of Werden's workers) says that it's a vent, as he had obviously been on the roof to service the Thunderbolt.
freebrickproductions wrote:Maybe when someone gets up there to remove it, someone could take a look at the possible HOR/vent and confirm what it really is.
I would imagine that it's removed already, as that was Werden who shared the picture, and was most likely there since he probably was given the call about it.
Sorry to bump up this old thread, but as of 2019 the supposed SiroDrone is still visible on Street View, so I think it is here to stay. The T-bolt is gone though

Timmy-73

Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:04 pm

carexpertandy wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:57 pm
I thought this was neat. Here is a real estate listing for a condo in Park Place at Lytle. Though it’s supposedly inactive now, you can see what kind of view residents and their guests get of the Thunderbolt from the rooftop patio! I remember one local enthusiast talking about going up there several years back.

https://www.sibcycline.com/Listing/CIN/ ... i-OH-45202
That must have been awesome when it went off

carexpertandy

Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:17 pm

Timmy-73 wrote:
carexpertandy wrote:
Guys, I guess it's possible, but if you look on page 146 of this thread, there was a discussion about it, MUSTANGV8 (one of Werden's workers) says that it's a vent, as he had obviously been on the roof to service the Thunderbolt.
freebrickproductions wrote:Maybe when someone gets up there to remove it, someone could take a look at the possible HOR/vent and confirm what it really is.
I would imagine that it's removed already, as that was Werden who shared the picture, and was most likely there since he probably was given the call about it.
Sorry to bump up this old thread, but as of 2019 the supposed SiroDrone is still visible on Street View, so I think it is here to stay. The T-bolt is gone though
You're a bit late to the party bro. Elmwood Place began using the SiroDrone again as their 9pm curfew siren around the summer or fall of 2016. This was the decision of their crazy previous mayor. I was hearing it right from Finneytown when out for an evening walk. However, I have not heard it at all since late 2019. You can find several videos of it on YouTube.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:40 am

Found another STH-10 today on the way to Land of Illusion Adventure Park up in Butler County. There's an STH-10 at the Madison Township fire station in Poast Town, on Route 4 near Franklin-Trenton Road. I think it's still active as there's a siren shown in that general area on the location map available on Butler County's website, but it isn't listed in the address list so I'm not entirely sure.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

sirensandfirealarms
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SuperSirex127
Discord: SuperSirex127#3917

Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:38 pm

Oldiesmann wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:40 am
Found another STH-10 today on the way to Land of Illusion Adventure Park up in Butler County. There's an STH-10 at the Madison Township fire station in Poast Town, on Route 4 near Franklin-Trenton Road. I think it's still active as there's a siren shown in that general area on the location map available on Butler County's website, but it isn't listed in the address list so I'm not entirely sure.
I can confirm that STH is not active. I asked someone in the flower shop next to the fire station if the siren ever tested, and they said it hasn't gone off in years.
Proud owner of 4 Model As(all in a state of disrepair), a USI siren, and a 16-port rotor from a Sterling M-10.

Timmy-73

Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:46 am

carexpertandy wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:17 pm
Timmy-73 wrote:
carexpertandy wrote:

You're a bit late to the party bro. Elmwood Place began using the SiroDrone again as their 9pm curfew siren around the summer or fall of 2016. This was the decision of their crazy previous mayor. I was hearing it right from Finneytown when out for an evening walk. However, I have not heard it at all since late 2019. You can find several videos of it on YouTube.
Cool! How am i supposed to know all of these things lol

carexpertandy

Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:01 pm

Here is the old Pleasant Ridge Elementary School Thunderbolt before the old school building was demolished in the mid 2000s. It was repainted gray and moved to a pole alongside Montgomery Road when the old school was demolished and new school was built. Found picture in Facebook group.
Attachments
326BFB7E-9859-4CB9-9120-C6A801D02950.jpeg
326BFB7E-9859-4CB9-9120-C6A801D02950.jpeg (445.63 KiB) Viewed 4672 times

Return to “Community Systems”