It is currently Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:54 pm 

YouTube Username: MA&PA Siren Productions
Discord: MA&PA Siren Productions#6187
SirensOfNewYork wrote: *
IceBolt_1003 wrote: *
nvanw27 wrote: *
My county has a Federal Signal Modulator 4016B, a few Federal Signal STH-10s, a Model 5 (inactive), and a privately owned 3T22, Model L, Secomak Siren, Darley Model 2, and FS STH-10. The non-private sirens are independently owned and many are inactive.
There's a SECOMAK in YOUR COUNTY?!
I'm guessing it's not a dual/single rotor horizontal siren, but more likely something vertical.

Anyways since I'm on here, sirens in my county (Westchester County) include: 2 Model 2's in my town, a Federal 500 in my town, 2 diaphones in my town, and one lone chrome diaphragm horn right down the street from the 500. Sirens in other parts of the county include mostly rarely to never used fire sirens. There is also a good variety of ATI HPSS32 sirens that are part of the Indian Point warning system.
Inquire me about a vertical Secomak. Never heard of such.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:15 pm 

There's a SECOMAK in YOUR COUNTY?!
I'm guessing it's not a dual/single rotor horizontal siren, but more likely something vertical.

Anyways since I'm on here, sirens in my county (Westchester County) include: 2 Model 2's in my town, a Federal 500 in my town, 2 diaphones in my town, and one lone chrome diaphragm horn right down the street from the 500. Sirens in other parts of the county include mostly rarely to never used fire sirens. There is also a good variety of ATI HPSS32 sirens that are part of the Indian Point warning system.
Honestly it's just a guess...
Also, what do you mean about inquire you? Do you know something about it? "Inquire me" means ask me.

Amateur HVAC, Siren, Car, Plane, and security and fire alarm enthusiast

My profile photo is not mine. It belongs to the creator of the California siren map.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:42 pm 

Also, what do you mean about inquire you? Do you know something about it? "Inquire me" means ask me.
Whoops. I meant tell me about it. I have never heard of a vertical Secomak before. The only secomaks I know of are the CS, GP, FP(?), VS, and the Type 447.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:09 pm 

Whoops. I meant tell me about it. I have never heard of a vertical Secomak before. The only secomaks I know of are the CS, GP, FP(?), VS, and the Type 447.
Yeah just guessing...

Amateur HVAC, Siren, Car, Plane, and security and fire alarm enthusiast

My profile photo is not mine. It belongs to the creator of the California siren map.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:37 pm 

YouTube Username: NASirenProductions
Discord: MCH002 #7262
Someone owns a small siren, like a model L. Branded by Secomak It's owned by a collector that works on one of the FDs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:23 pm 

YouTube Username: TrainsAndSirens1
My county (Spartanburg County) has a system of Model 5Ts, 5s, 2T22As, 3T22B, Whelen Vortexes, analog Whelen 4004 (most Whelens appear to no longer work), ACA Screamers, ACA Banshee 110, Sentry 5Vs, Sentry 10V2T, 2001-130s, and my privately owned Thunderbolt 1000B (is also part of the siren system as well). Spartanburg County doesn't maintain their sirens since 2017. My town (Greer, SC, not in Spartanburg County) has a (presumed) inactive 1910's Federal Model B, was used for tornadoes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:22 pm 

nvanw27 wrote: *
Someone owns a small siren, like a model L. Branded by Secomak It's owned by a collector that works on one of the FDs.
what
Well, I wouldn't say I'm suprised. Secomak and Klaxon basically copied each other, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities that they rebranded a Model L.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:43 pm 
New User

My city used to have a ThunderBolt at one time. My mom used to work at the City Hall during Katrina and she heard about a siren being knocked down by the hurricane which is no doubt the Thunderbolt. The Country Club near me has a ThorGuard but thats it for New Orleans. I know the nearest city with a siren system is Laplace which has the Whelen Omni directional Sirens and Baton Rouge with there Whelen 4004s. I have a photo of the omni directional siren in Laplace that I took in 2018 (sorry about the photoshop, this is the only photo I have of it and I deleted the original photo months ago to get more storage.)

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
5517F628-4D9E-4E42-AE41-490957D60B8A.jpeg [ 607.56 KiB | Viewed 610 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:16 am 

YouTube Username: mcs2020
What are those poky, antenna like things on below the siren head?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:14 pm 

YouTube Username: DatOne Furry
Discord: forgot
My town (Munster) uses 2 2001-SRB's 1 2001-103 and a 2001-DC
Edit: Forgot the model 2

"there is a pipe bomb in your mailbox"
-some random dude on the internet

professional asbestos eater