GabrielFairchild

Floridian Trying to Record a Thunderbolt in Hawaii

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:19 am

Hello,

I am currently on a vacation visiting Hawaii and California. My trip includes Los Angeles, San Francisco, Maui, and Oahu. I plan on recording the Hawaii monthly statewide siren test during the trip. During the statewide siren test on Wednesday, August 1st I will be staying in the Honolulu area. I have an interest in recording one of the remaining Thunderbolt units in Honolulu, if possible. I am aware that the Hawaii Statewide System has undergone many expansions and upgrades in the past few years (which I can see here in Maui). This is also the case in Oahu and therefore many units have been removed and I cannot tell which have been because Google’s satellite data has not been updated yet. I will post a link to some miscellaneous Thunderbolt locations and if anyone knows if they are active, confirmation would be great. I would also be fine recording other sirens but not so much the Modulator’s, as there are some in my area and they are no longer that interesting or special. If anyone also knows of any interesting or special siren locations to visit, I would appreciate it if you give me the location.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y42HK ... sp=sharing

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Proud owner of a fully restored Federal Signal Model 5AT, Federal Signal Model D, and a bunch of small alarms and sirens.

fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Re: Floridian Trying to Record a Thunderbolt in Hawaii

Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:59 pm

GabrielFairchild wrote:
    Hello,

I am currently on a vacation visiting Hawaii and California. My trip includes Los Angeles, San Francisco, Maui, and Oahu. I plan on recording the Hawaii monthly statewide siren test during the trip. During the statewide siren test on Wednesday, August 1st I will be staying in the Honolulu area. I have an interest in recording one of the remaining Thunderbolt units in Honolulu, if possible. I am aware that the Hawaii Statewide System has undergone many expansions and upgrades in the past few years (which I can see here in Maui). This is also the case in Oahu and therefore many units have been removed and I cannot tell which have been because Google’s satellite data has not been updated yet. I will post a link to some miscellaneous Thunderbolt locations and if anyone knows if they are active, confirmation would be great. I would also be fine recording other sirens but not so much the Modulator’s, as there are some in my area and they are no longer that interesting or special. If anyone also knows of any interesting or special siren locations to visit, I would appreciate it if you give me the location.

There is a new map which SoundMaster391 embedded on here awhile ago. I will try to find it for you.

I am not sure exactly when they test sirens but currently the sirens on the Big Island are not tested due to the Kilauea volcano eruption.
    sirenfreak57
    Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
    My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

fire_freak_57
    YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
    Discord: firefreak57#0781

Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:08 pm

GabrielFairchild wrote:
    Hello,

Found it.
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... RBu8tdd8rc
    sirenfreak57
    Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
    My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

GabrielFairchild

Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:58 pm

Thanks for the link! It gives me plenty of locations to visit and record.
    Proud owner of a fully restored Federal Signal Model 5AT, Federal Signal Model D, and a bunch of small alarms and sirens.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”