loudmouth

though you might find this funny or stupid

Sat May 20, 2006 12:15 am

i was looking for some info on New Hampshires early warning system and found this story about some one who realy aposed the nuclear power plant and took the matter of the test blasts into his own hands.

"Despite a powerful movement, the Seabrook plant did go on line. Guy was one of many New Hampshire residents angered by the government's refusal to listen to citizens. To add insult to injury, the government-utility combination installed warning sirens on long poles throughout townships in New Hampshire. The sirens would periodically unleash "test" blasts as an ever-present reminder that potential megadeath loomed across the seacoast region.

Big Brother-like, the system practiced blaring out messages such as "Go to your home, close your windows and doors, tune into your emergency radio channel." Fed up, Guy went to his tool shed and grabbed his chain saw.

"You ought to come and watch," he told friends. "We'll have clam chowder afterward." Guy pulled the cord; the saw let out its roar; in a few minutes, a six story warning siren crashed to the ground. The small crowd roared.

At that point Guy was arrested and charged with criminal mischief, a class B felony with a seven year incarceration potential"

The Big Labowski

Sat May 20, 2006 12:22 am

what a dumbass, not to mention a reckless criminal. he should be put away for longer than that.
Bringing the joy of siren collecting to the chicago area and more!

CABLEVision

Sat May 20, 2006 4:50 am

Wonder what it was probably a 2t22 or something.
The Cal Trimmer, by Eastman industries

Blasty

Sat May 20, 2006 5:00 am

Oh yes, everything in that article defititely points to a 2T22. No doubt about it.
The article wrote:Big Brother-like, the system practiced blaring out messages such as "Go to your home, close your windows and doors, tune into your emergency radio channel."
Please don't post just for the sake of posting. And if you have to post, PLEASE read what you're responding to.
Beware those who teach not how to think, but what to think.

loudmouth

Sat May 20, 2006 1:26 pm

all the sirens (ecpt fire sirens) are eather 3016's or 4008's and some are on 6 story poles becuse they are less then 100 yds from the ocean there is only one 2t22 but its a old and dead looking fire siren.

Thunderin' Thunderbolt

Sat May 20, 2006 7:04 pm

I think he should be put in jail for much longer than that. By destroying that siren, he could have risked people's lives during a real danger.

I think that they should have used a test signal, though, instead of a real emergency signal for a test. This would have been much more effective, and may have prevented Guy from cutting down the siren.

It seems like Guy needs to get some anger management ;)
- Tony L.

NanSiren

Thu May 25, 2006 11:56 pm

They should make that man pay for:

The cost of the new siren.
The cost of the control boxes.
The cost of the new pole.
Shipping.
Installation.
Labor.

He'll definitely think twice.

3T33
New User

Sat May 27, 2006 12:23 pm

This "Guy" really needs to learn the fine arts of self-control :roll: . That was really dangerous cuz he could have hurted somebody by doing that. He should have been locked away for like, 15 years.

Jim_Ferer

Tue May 30, 2006 9:10 pm

loudmouth wrote:all the sirens (ecpt fire sirens) are eather 3016's or 4008's and some are on 6 story poles becuse they are less then 100 yds from the ocean there is only one 2t22 but its a old and dead looking fire siren.
Some of them are poorly placed, like the one smack in the middle of downtown Exeter in a parking lot. Not a great choice.

The plant sirens are all Whelens. A lot of them are out in the salt marsh; they can't be easy to maintain out there.

Some people just had to re-live the glory days of the Clamshell Alliance when they were young, life was exciting, and the boy protesters and the girl protesters didn't make war. I worked at Seabrook for two and a half years early in my career and I went through several of the big demonstrations.

loudmouth

Wed May 31, 2006 2:03 am

i would love to see the siren map for the power plant ive tryed to make my own but i cant keep track and thaere ones i cant get to to figure out. but yea alot of sirens in places were only wild life live. hummmm its just amasing .

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”